Business Analyst, Investor Relations
Brookfield Asset Management is a leading global alternative asset manager with over $365 billion of assets under management. For over 120 years Brookfield has owned and operated real assets with a focus on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity. Clients can invest in Brookfield strategies via three main channels: public securities, private funds and listed partnerships. The Public Securities Group leverages Brookfield's core real asset expertise via global listed strategies, including real estate, infrastructure, real asset solutions, real asset debt and opportunistic strategies through a variety of flexible and scalable investment mandates, including separate accounts, registered funds and private funds. The Public Securities Group has been investing in public securities for over 30 years and has over $19 billion of assets under management. Clients include financial institutions, public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds and high net worth investors. The Position:
The Firm is seeking an Business Analyst to join the Investor Relations team in its Chicago office. This person will be an integral part of the team and will be responsible for servicing a global institutional client base that is invested across all public securities strategies. The individual will also assist with business development efforts as requested. The person will work closely with the entire Marketing and Investor Relations team and will regularly interact with investment, finance, operations and legal professionals as well as senior management. Responsibilities:
The Investor Relations Business Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Product owner responsible for working with Brookfield's centralized technology group to identify, develop and execute the firm's Salesforce strategic initiatives.
- Leverage Salesforce's entire product suite to meet Client Relationship Management and Investor Relations team business needs and drive enhancements. Examples may include building new and insightful analytics dashboards, driving adoption of Salesforce AI (Einstein Analytics), conceptualizing new product or data integrations.
- Provide business support for Salesforce and customized reporting to group management, Client Relationship Management and Investor Relations teams.
- Create presentations for current clients and prospective investors; assist with presentation design and content curation.
- Work closely with the firm's Investment, Client Relationship Management, Operations, Legal and Compliance teams to develop content.
- Prepare and distribute monthly and quarterly client reports.
- Ensure that all client needs are consistently met and strive to exceed client expectations.
- Provide support to sales team members related to meeting prep and follow up.
- Assist in consultant database population.
- Perform peer group analysis and monitor performance utilizing eVestment, Morningstar Direct, and other investment management programs.
- Build strong internal networks, engaging others throughout the company to cultivate deep subject matter expertise across multiple product areas and remain current on all company and competitor business activities to effectively articulate the company's growth strategy and competitive advantages.
- Develop and manage internal project timelines to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years of Financial Services industry experience is preferred.
- Experience with public securities strategies and knowledge of alternatives strategies is beneficial.
- Strong writing, proofing, formatting and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, placing a high priority on accuracy.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, project and time management skills.
- Highly organized, proactive and resourceful.
- Strong team player with the ability to independently manage a full workload and respond to shifting priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce CRM and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of Pardot, Einstein Analytics, Vermilion, eVestment and Morningstar Direct a plus
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. S/He will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, s/he will be an active team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgement.