· Under direct supervision, a Client Service Representative would be responsible for following the teams established guidelines and procedures.
· Provide support for client and partner inquiries via phone and email and on average take 60 calls and address 10 emails per day.
· Provide in-depth information regarding online Passport enrollment features, maintenance and technical issues related to the bank's products and services.
· Responsible for successfully authenticating the callers/clients prior to providing information on account/profile or performing any maintenance.
· Must have the ability to troubleshoot and assist clients with various online devices and capabilities.
· Is responsible for communicating proper documentation to escalate issues to various departments for resolution.
· Manage/prioritize your day to handle high inbound and outbound call volumes in a timely manner.
· Provide quality service to client/partner calls through effective communication, using call behaviors and accurate information.
· Contact client by phone or email with any updates when resolution will take longer than 24 hours.
· Log all client/partner inquiries received via phone, email or fax. To which must include a detailed description of any issue/problems and the research or action taken towards resolution.
· Send out appropriate email response and complete emails according to schedule.
· Representatives must maintain system knowledge as it pertains to each program.
· Provide accurate transactional information to clients to avoid creating any loss situations for the Unit.
· Follow the documented Online Services procedures to resolve inquires and perform transactions (Stop Payments, internal fund transfers, check reorders and general maintenance) accurately and without any monetary errors.
· Responsible for identifying customer needs, clarify information, research issues and provide solutions and/or alternatives.
· Works effectively as a team member but also independently.
· Works toward becoming proficient in all areas of the job.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the worlds most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Wed love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the worlds most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
· A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience in comparable industry or customer support role.
· Familiarity with systems and practices.
· Strong phone, verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong active listening and interpersonal skills with aptitude to handle irate/challenging callers with minimal assistance.
· A flexible and adaptable approach; able to adapt to a fast-paced environment to different personality types and able to learn quickly.
· Multi-tasking skills; self-motivated with ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
· The ability to navigate several different applications/systems simultaneously.
· Strong team work capabilities.