Responsible for conducting complex periodic reviews of the Corporations various credit portfolios, ensuring risk rating integrity, portfolio quality, completeness of credit documentation, credit policy adequacy and adherence. Recommends changes to management with written analysis of findings.
1. Leads or participates in the more complex periodic reviews of the Corporations various credit portfolios, ensuring risk rating integrity, portfolio quality, completeness of loan documentation, credit policy adequacy and adherence.
2. Ensures compliance with internal credit policies and procedures and federal and state banking rules and regulations.
3. Recommends additional documentation, collateral, and other ways in which to improve an existing credit transaction.
4. Frequently interacts with partners in credit and banking during a portfolio audit and with management at affiliate offices in reviewing audit results.
5. Provides comprehensive, in-depth knowledge consulting and leadership to team and partners and provides strong knowledge of other areas.
6. Serves as an expert resource or go to person within a group.
7. Keeps abreast of economic, political, and legislative factors that could affect the quality of loan portfolios.
8. Reviews work of others when acting as the examiner in charge.Six or more years of commercial lending and or credit review experience, including collateral audit and loan documentation reviews. Counterparty credit review experience is preferred but not required. Former Loan Review or Regulator examiner experience as well as experience underwriting or reviewing leveraged loans, private equity and counterparty loans. Knowledge of and prior review experience with complex credit structures (highly leveraged loans, Private equity loans, hedge funds, etc.) is preferred but not required. BASEL II AIRB implementation experience is a plus. Strong knowledge of credit analysis, the corporations credit policies, and required loan documentation, usually acquired through work experience and formal education, is required. Strong analytical skills are required to read and interpret credit documentation and to identify potentially negative credit conditions. Strong interpersonal skills are required to interact with Credit Risk Management and Business Unit senior representatives. About Northern Trust: Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the worlds most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us: As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Wed love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the worlds most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.