Our Client, a global investment bank and financial services institution, is seeking a Credit Analyst for its Chicago location. Department Description:
- Credit Analyst will work under the supervision of a Director - Senior Credit Analyst and will be part of a team responsible for managing a portfolio comprised of large US corporates as well as subsidiaries of non-US groups in diverse industries.
- The Credit Analyst will be responsible for preparing comprehensive credit analyses, reviewing legal documentation, and on-going portfolio monitoring under the supervision of the Senior Credit Analyst.
- Preparing high quality credit applications and annual reviews of corporate counterparties to assess their credit quality, recommending appropriate credit limits, terms and conditions. This includes financial statements analysis (P&L, BS, and CF), a review of the client's strategy, its business risk, industry dynamics, competitive environment;
- Preparing financial projections and determining debt repayment capability as well as assuring compliance with our client's Credit Policies;
- Proposing and updating Obligor Risk Ratings;
- Monitoring compliance with covenants;
- Reviewing all relevant legal documentation (i.e. credit agreements, Guaranty, ISDA, CSA) and proposing changes as necessary to comply with our client's policies;
- Liaising with other CCG teams in the US, Europe and Asia, business lines, Bankers, legal & compliance, operations, and Risk department;
- Strong financial analytical skills;
- Ability to assess credit terms and conditions including financial covenants, security and collateral;
- Strong understanding of commercial and investment banking products;
- Ability to work in a team including interacting with teams located in other locations (US, India, Europe);
- Strong writing skills particularly assessing and summarizing financial transactions (credit requests, covenant waivers, etc.);
- Strong understanding the accounting, legal and regulatory issues governing relevant sectors;
- Ability to investigate/research/synthesize data and make appropriate conclusions as to what is causing the observed results
- Ability to analyze and evaluate counterparty risk and financial condition utilizing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting principles;
- Experience preparing financial projections under various scenarios;
- Proficiency using Word for written analysis and Excel for spreadsheet analysis
- Knowledge of capital markets/traded products and committed financing facilities.
Why Consider a Contract/Temp Role?
- 8-10 years as credit analyst in a corporate and investment banking entity or related field;
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
Visit us at www.phytontalent.com for more information. Phyton Talent Advisors is a proud winner of the Inavero's 2017 Best of Staffing® Client Award & Named by Forbes as One of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms
- Get a foot in the door while evaluating your fit with an employer
- Fill in the "gap" while you continue to look for a permanent role
- Build your resume by developing new skills, experiences & references
- Some companies only use professional recruiting firms to fill jobs
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, by choice, Phyton Talent Advisors will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.