The Role: The Research Products group is looking for an experienced candidate with a strong operational background to lead the groups operational functions. You will work closely with the groups product managers as well as other Morningstar teams particularly research operations, data services, product services, and design to own critical operational aspects of delivering Morningstars research content to our clients, including owning day-to-day interactions with Morningstars clients and service teams. You will also manage a global team of technical product owners and technologists that oversees our Research Products production processes and delivery platforms. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, process improvement, and Morningstars research. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Work with product managers across Research Distribution, Essentials, Manager Research Services, Manager Selection Services, Morningstar Newsletters, and Morningstar Investment Research Center to identify operational processes across products and take ownership of daily, critical tasks
- Act as the primary liaison on operational aspects to the Research Products group for Morningstars client service teams
- Identify and lead process improvement initiatives across the group
- Take the lead on crafting internal and external client communications relating to major upgrades, changes, or other notifications relating to our research content delivery
- Manage the technical product team that owns Research Feeds, Research API, Analyst Research Center, Select, Morningstar Investment Research Center, and Morningstar Newsletters
- A bachelors degree and at least eight years of experience in a data, operations, and/or technical role
- A strong knowledge of the mechanics of equities and managed investment products (funds, separate accounts, ETFs, and other vehicles)
- Good familiarity with Morningstars research content, methodologies, and products
- Previous experience as a people manager
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to influence internal stakeholders to build consensus amid competing priorities
- An inquisitive and critical mind, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view: internally, externally, and cross-functionally
- Ability to make timely decisions under tight deadlines, with incomplete information
How to Apply for a Job at Morningstar
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please fill out this form completely, attaching your resume and cover letter in the approved format. Read the job requirements carefully and make sure to attach writing or design samples as required. Applicants must submit their resume and other information through our corporate website to be considered for a job at Morningstar. No phone calls, please.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from Morningstar will contact you to set up a date, time, and location. Be prepared for a rigorous interview process. To make sure you're a good fit for Morningstar and we're a good fit for you, we'll schedule time for you to meet with multiple staff members at all levels of the company. Expect to return for multiple interviews as part of the process. A representative from Morningstar will contact you with the results of your intervieweither with a job offer or to let you know our plans for the position.
Applicants With Disabilities Who Need Accommodation
Morningstar is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 312 384-3900 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
US Applicants: Morningstar is an E-Verify program participant.
Morningstar is strongly committed to creating and preserving equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We make all employment decisionsincluding recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, termination, and other personnel matterswithout regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, gender identity and expression, parental status, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct.