Equities Research Associate, Biotechnology
Equity Research Associate - Biotechnology Sector Areas of Interest:
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
About the Team: William Blairs sell-side equity research team is responsible for delivering superior investment ideas and value-added perspective for over 600 quality growth companies. Through exhaustive fundamental research and unique insight derived from independent thinking, the teams award-winning analysts work tirelessly to identify companies that can deliver superior investment returns for clients. Acting as the company's laboratory for new investment ideas, it specializes in providing investment analysis on companies in the following industry sectors: consumer; financial services and technology; global industrial infrastructure; global services; healthcare; and technology, media, and communications. Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Conduct research, build and/or update financial models and other statistical data for use in the formulation of security analysis.
- Prepare internal and external written reports, notes, and other documents to communicate investment ideas, research, news events and opinions regarding security analysis.
- Visit companies, attend conferences and other relevant events. Build and maintain relationships with company executives, prepare records and files to develop and maintain sources of information to assist in analysis activities.
- Answer inquiries from customers, personnel of the firm and the general public regarding individual securities or industry groups.
- Identify and formulate new investment ideas, and issue opinions and recommendations to clients on securities and companies in one or more industry groups targeted to follow, in order to generate new business activity.
- Participate in other projects as requested by management.
- M.D. or Ph.D. in biology or chemistry strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years related work experience.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- Strong accounting and financial statement analysis skills.
- Capable of building computer generated financial models.
- Delivers clear, effective verbal and written communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- Proficient in Internet searches and Microsoft Office products.
- Practical and capable of simplifying and summarizing complex information.
- Commits to satisfying internal and external customers.
- Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 must be obtained within first 90 days. Fully licensed candidates highly preferred.