Institutional Client Group Administrative Support
NORTHERN TRUST ASSET MANAGEMENT Northern Trust Asset Management is a global investment manager that helps investors navigate changing market environments, so they can confidently realize their long-term objectives. Entrusted with more than $900 billion of assets, we understand that investing ultimately serves a greater purpose and believe investors should be compensated for the risks they take in all market environments and any investment strategy. Thats why we combine robust capital markets research, expert portfolio construction and comprehensive risk management to craft innovative and efficient solutions that deliver targeted investment outcomes. As engaged contributors to our communities, we consider it a great privilege to serve our investors and our communities with integrity, respect, and transparency. We believe investing ultimately serves a greater purpose and should be done intentionally and efficiently
- by people who are passionate, astute and tenacious problem solvers acting with conviction, purpose and humility diverse and talented professionals provide innovative ideas and distinctive solutions that truly benefit investors.
- with the understanding that all investing involves risk and investors should be compensated for that risk in all markets and in any investment strategy.
- and is best accomplished by using an empirically based process so investors can earn consistent and persistent returns, and minimize unintended consequences within and across their portfolios.
Institutional Client Group The institutional client group is a leading partner to institutional investors around the world entrusted with more than $750 billion of assets, delivering asset management expertise through diverse products and solutions with exceptional client service. Administrative Support Under direct supervision, the candidate will be responsible for providing administrative, logistical and project management support to three senior members of the institutional client group (the head of institutional client group, the head of strategy, and the head of relationship management). The candidate will also be responsible for small client and partner event coordination, planning, and logistics. The successful candidate will be a collaborative partner with the ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and partners with high visibility. He or she will have exceptional communication and problem solving skills. The role requires both a high degree of professionalism as well as a sense of urgency and thoughtfulness. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide administrative/routine operational, logistical and project support to the head of institutional client group, the head of strategy, and the head of relationship management on an ongoing basis.
- Provide best-in-class service to all clients and guests visiting the Institutional Client Group.
- Manage small client and partner events working with the teams head of event planning.
- Participate in the planning and administration of the business unit.
- Collect, compile, and analyze data and information for reports and presentations for the department.
- Run and create formal reports for the business unit. Update manuals, procedures, etc.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving problems within established guidelines.
- Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/experts.
- Work effectively as a team member but also independently.
- Work towards becoming proficient in all areas of the job.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and manage conflicting priorities
- Experience in escalating issues and challenges where appropriate
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Travel and calendar management experience
- Basic Functional / Industry Knowledge preferred
- Prior executive administrative experience is required.
About Northern Trust: Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the worlds most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us: As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Wed love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the worlds most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.