RFP Specialist, Investor Relations
Brookfield Asset Management is a leading global alternative asset manager with over $365 billion of assets under management. For over 120 years Brookfield has owned and operated real assets with a focus on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity. Clients can invest in Brookfield strategies via three main channels: public securities, private funds and listed partnerships. The Public Securities Group leverages Brookfield's core real asset expertise via global listed strategies, including real estate, infrastructure, real asset solutions, real asset debt and opportunistic strategies through a variety of flexible and scalable investment mandates, including separate accounts, registered funds and private funds. The Public Securities Group has been investing in public securities for over 30 years and has over $19 billion of assets under management. Clients include financial institutions, public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds and high net worth investors. The Position:
The Firm is seeking an RFP Specialist to join the Investor Relations team in its Chicago office. This person will be an integral part of the team and will be responsible for servicing a global institutional client base that is invested across all public securities strategies. The individual will also assist with business development efforts as requested. The person will work closely with the entire Marketing and Investor Relations team and will regularly interact with investment, finance, operations and legal professionals as well as senior management. Responsibilities:
The RFP Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Coordinate responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) from prospects, clients and consultants across our investment platforms.
- Write responses that strategically position the firm and demonstrate how we can meet an investor's needs.
- Develop and manage internal project timelines to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Retrieve and analyze data to complete quantitative components of RFPs, RFIs, and DDQs and ensure data provided is accurate and applicable.
- Liaise with members of Client Relationship Management, Investments, Finance, Operations, Technology, Compliance and Legal to develop responses.
- Maintain and develop the firm's internal database (RocketDocs) of approved client responses.
- Develop and monitor KPIs to measure the capacity, effectiveness and efficiency (i.e., accuracy, on-time completion, win rate, cost per RFP, etc.) using implemented software
- Provide ongoing input regarding process and technology improvements.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field a plus
- Strong knowledge of mutual fund and separately managed account investment strategies/products
- 3+ years of RFP-writing experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Knowledge of infrastructure, energy infrastructure, real estate and real asset debt is strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills (writing samples will be required).
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to marshal resources, communicate and manage timelines and responsibilities.
- Ability to understand and analyze financial data.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Suite of products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- A high degree of integrity and the ability to recognize the requirements of confidentiality.
- Outstanding decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial approach to task management. Ability to take control and manage tasks independently to closure.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. S/He will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, s/he will be an active team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgement.