Research Assistant Illinois, US/en-US/SPGI_Careers/job/Illinois-US/Research-Assistant_251398/apply
Research Assistant Corporate Ratings (Chicago)
Role: We are currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our Corporate Ratings division as a Research Assistant based in our Chicago office. The Research Assistant will support a team of credit analysts within the Media & Entertainment team, one of the industry sector teams within Corporate Ratings. Responsibilities will include providing research and analytical support to the team as they prepare rating committee presentations, research publications and special projects. The research assistant also assists in the development of management meeting and investor presentations. The role will require attending rating and management meetings, and preparing summaries of key conclusions and discussion points. Importantly, the successful candidate will learn how to develop and maintain financial models and forecasts that are an integral part of our ratings analysis. The successful candidate is able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, is customer-oriented, and demonstrates good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences.
- At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
- S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
- By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, build factories and create jobs.
- With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the worlds financial infrastructure. We have played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with a major in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Accounting or other business related majors
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to work well in teams
- Customer service orientation
- The ability to organize, meet deadlines and to multitask
- Good problem solving skills
- Basic Microsoft Office proficiency including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution
- Familiarity/experience with Bloomberg data
- Advanced Excel Skills (Macros, etc.)
- Some progress towards or desire to attain a CFA or MBA
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group)Posted YesterdayFull time251398 About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we dont give you intelligencewe give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. Together, the divisions of S&P Global -- including S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices, and S&P Global Platts -- are the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
Whether it's analyzing data, innovating technology, or developing market insights, we're always looking for intellectually curious, progressive and passionate thinkers to join our team. With over 20,000 employees working across 95 offices around the globe, the diverse and vibrant community at S&P Global is unlike one youll find anywhere else.