Institutional Sales Junior Associate Areas of Interest:
Sales, Sales & Trading
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
About the Team: The Institutional Sales and Trading departments market and trade the firm's research products and underwritings in the United States and throughout the world. The U.S. Institutional Equity Sales department markets these products to institutional investors in North America, building relationships with portfolio managers and analysts at mutual funds, pension funds, investment advisors, banks and other money management organizations. Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Assist experienced sales professionals. Seek to gain an understanding of client investment styles and needs. Accompany sales professionals to client meetings. Participate in relationship building outings and events.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of William Blairs equity research products. Attend research meetings, teach-ins and listen to analyst research findings.
- Develop relationships with counterparts at client organizations. Earn the trust and respect of client team through proactive communication, timely response to questions and the provision of extra effort to ensure client satisfaction.
- Seek opportunities to convey knowledge of equity research, products and investment opportunities to buy-side clients.
- Assist with cross-selling opportunities. Help identify possible leads through client interactions and research. Notify traders and more experienced staff to assist with the sales effort.
- Serve as a point of contact for clients when sales professionals are out of the office.
- Participate in sales meetings.
- Assist with scheduling of roadshows, travel itineraries and expense reporting.
- Ensure all work transactions and products are aligned with firm and function policies, procedures and standards.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelors Degree required; major in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business preferred
- 1-3 years of financial experience preferred
- Highly motivated, self-starter and resourceful
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity
- Passion for investing
- Strong marketing, business development and selling skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to multitask and manage changing priorities
- SIE Exam, Series 7 and 63 required (must be obtained within first 150 days)