Senior Platform Engineer
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Fitch Group Platform Engineering team is responsible for standardizing tools, optimizing cost and creating synergies across engineering teams by leveraging a common set of tools and services. The Fitch DevOps platform is hosted on AWS and our current infrastructure is highly automated with AWS CodeDeploy, Chef, Bamboo, BitBucket, Docker, Kubernetes, Sonar, JFrog Artifactory, JFrog Xray playing key roles.
The role is a part of a high performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring partner and business focus. The position is highly technical and balanced between engineering and operations roles such as systems configuration management and software development. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently, and implement operations core values across the organization. As a DevOps Engineer, you will build products focused on development lifecycle automation and work with the engineering teams to optimize our CI/CD practices across the Fitch Group. Job Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, launch, scale, monitor and maintain advanced CI and CD pipelines using AWS and other state of the art cloud platforms
- Assist engineering teams in designing and incorporating DevOps tool sets into container (Docker, ECS, EKS), serverless (Lambda) architectures
- Promote strong quality control practices through continuous integration and continuous deployment implementations using tools such as Sonar
- Responsible for installation and setup of monitoring tools for applications using tools such as SumoLogic, NewRelic, Datadog and the alert integration with collaboration tools such as MS Teams, Slack
- Analyze software components to identify vulnerabilities at any stage of the software application lifecycle using tools such as Xray
- Combine technical ability, strategic thinking and detail-oriented execution in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Partner with geographically diverse development teams, QA teams in a DevOps model of agile development process
- Coordinate with support staff and software engineers to detect and promptly resolve production performance degradation and outages
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial perspective in the ideation and implementation of products and services to accelerate growth
- Transforms business ideas into implementable technology solutions, considering build, buy and partnering alternatives
- Rapidly adapt to new and changing situations to quickly solve problems and find new directions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or similar field.
- 7+ years of prior relevant experience in software engineering, platform engineering teams.
- 5+ years of experience working in high-performance teams using Agile methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience in Container build and orchestration: Kubernetes, AWS EKS, Docker Swarm
- 3+ years of experience in source code management: BitBucket, Artifactory
- 3+ years of experience in Build and Deploy tools: Bamboo, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy.
- 3+ years of experience in Configuration Management tools: Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
- 3+ years of experience in administrating and integrating code quality analysis tools: SonarQube, XRay.
- 3+ years of experience with Java and associated open source technologies, such as Spring Boot.
- Experience working with AWS programmatically via the CLI, Tools, or SDK.
- Experience with configuration management of Cloud based resources
- Experience bootstrapping and automating the build of complete environments
- Strong DevOps with deep knowledge of build automation workflows and patterns
- Deep knowledge of AWS including architecting, implementation, migration, etc. (EC2, S3, VPC)
- Knowledge of IP networking (VPN, DNS, load balancing, IDS and firewalls)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp