Senior iOS Engineer
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role SUMMARY
We are seeking an iOS Engineer who is passionate for great software and motivated to make a huge impact with our mobile development. This is a unique opportunity to be instrumental in building our new mobile platform, so it's essential that you be attracted to invention and building things from the ground up. We are excited about candidates who are creative, innovative and enjoy working through problems which ultimately results to solid software designs that are tailored completely for our users. To be a successful member of this team you must prioritize quality and be driven by a self-motivation to succeed. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute in defining the mobile application strategy
- Design and implement features for a suite of Mobile Applications
- Learn and apply new technologies, best design practices and usability patterns
- Contribute to end-to-end system architecture, working with back-end engineers
- Collaborate with product managers and other technical teams to create optimized and delightful user experiences
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Expert knowledge of the iOS, Objective C/Swift programming environment (4+ years)
- Good grasp on usability and interaction design
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of mobile UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with writing unit tests.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Expert knowledge and strong continuous integration. Familiarity with continuous delivery for mobile
- Knowledge about AGILE/Scrum preferred
- Solid CS, OOP/OOD, design patterns preferred
- Written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to deliver on schedule
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.