Assistant Property Manager
Commercial Assistant Property Manager
Oak Brook, IL, USA
The primary responsibility of the Property Manager is to direct and coordinate the financial and physical operations of assigned retail / shopping center property(s) to ensure the corporate financial and business objectives are being achieved. The goal of this position is to meet/exceed Net Operating Income (NOI) projections, to maintain the physical condition of the asset and to ensure compliance with legal requirements and corporate policies/procedures.
- Maintain the highest level of awareness of the status of properties in the portfolio and market conditions in the area.
- Create annual operating budget for assigned properties, continuously monitors performance against budget.
- Prepare monthly budget variance (BVR) report for review by Senior Property Manager.
- Conduct full property inspections on a regular basis.
- Identify and controls the physical safety and liability concerns.
- Regularly review vendor contracts/performance, addresses issues and negotiates new contracts as needed.
- Maintain contact with tenants to address questions, requests and concerns.
- Continuously review tenant accounts, monitors the collection process, and actively engages in resolving collection issues and disputes.
- Report collection activity on a monthly basis to members of Property Accounting and senior management
- Review/prepare tenant improvement allowances and ensures timely tenant construction and performance.
- Provide input to Marketing Department on programs and signage.
- Review standard provisions of all lease agreements, ensure compliance with operational agreements, R & M responsibilities, and governmental regulations. Collect information as required by the lease.
- Candidate must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Previous experience as an assistant manager for commercial assets preferred.
- General understanding and experience with property marketing, budgeting, and capital improvements.
- 50% travel required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classes.
We are an E-Verify employer. Please click the following to learn more.