Top Financial Services Firm in Boston with excellent growth potential! Please apply and share your resume! Our client offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Their investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, they believe their ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns their perspectives with those of our clients.
Full Time Opportunity - NO C2C
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Lead Software Engineer position to support our Multi-Strategy investment business. With billions of dollars in assets under management, our client has several investment teams that engage in multi-manager, multi-asset and custom solutions; managing various outcome oriented, factor, alternative risk premia and thematic portfolios on behalf of clients. The teams also provide bespoke research and advice across various topics such as asset allocation, fundamental factors, thematic investing and manager research. Their portfolio construction process involves allocations across equities, bonds, rates, currencies, and commodities, on a global basis, using both derivatives and physical securities.
They are building out an entirely new investment platform to support all investors. This position will focus on building out multi-manager, multi-asset portfolio construction & research capabilities within the platform. The platform leverages the best of breed technologies including AWS, React, and NodeJS. The individual will provide technology to the firm's talented community of investors, pursuing projects from idea generation & prototyping, to validation and production, with encouragement to use innovative techniques in solving business problems. This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT professional to join a strong, collaborative team and apply technical expertise in a role with leadership and advancement opportunities. The individual will be responsible for leading the UI and back-end development as well as designing a robust system that interacts effectively with other internal systems and provides an efficient user experience for the business.
This position requires a high level of collaboration and interaction with our other technology partners across the department, and an ability to deliver in a fast paced and evolving environment. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization. Excellent communication and delivery skills are required.
- Lead the delivery of high-quality business solutions using the latest technologies
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle: architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support
- Work with investment team, project managers, analysts and/or other software engineers to review business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for performance
- Ensure the adherence to established code-quality standards within the development and QA teams, such as Continuous Integration, Code Reviews, and all required release documentation
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships and help guide the team in setting priorities for completion of requests or resolution of issues
- Oversee the work of offshore developers and help mentor & advise other developers on the team
- Work across various IT teams to coordinate and facilitate infrastructure upgrades, disaster recovery testing, and cross-functional projects
- Author architecture, technical design, and support documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with solid accomplishments
- Familiarity with web applications and services using REST, HTML5, CSS, and modern UI frameworks such as Angular and React
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality solutions previously
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail, self-discipline and passion to drive and innovate
- Must be comfortable with test-driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies using tools like GIT, Artifactory, and Jenkins.
- Experience operating in a DevOps environment application with cloud technologies such as AWS, is a plus.
- Experience working with Python or any data visualization tools such as Spotfire, Bokeh or Jupyter Notebooks is favorable
- Be willing and able to work both independently and as part of a team, in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical environment
- Strategic mindset; strong work ethic
- Experience in Financial Industry is preferred