Manager, Fixed Income Portfolio Implementation
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Portfolio Implementation team is looking to hire a Manager of Fixed Income Portfolio Implementation. Based in Boston, the ideal candidate will be highly knowledgeable in Fixed Income instruments and strategies. The person is detail-oriented, has a strong sense of responsibility, works collaboratively with other functions while also taking ownership of his/her own function, and is knowledgeable of different systems, tools, and workflows associated with Fixed Income portfolio construction and implementation.
RESPONSIBILITIES Primary responsibilities:
• Act as manager, coach and mentor to team of 28 portfolio analysts in fixed income.
- Foster development of a strong team through hiring and professional development of Portfolio Analysts, with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Spearhead the continuous assessment of system capabilities, systems development, workflows and inter-dependencies with Trading and the Investment Platform.
- Engage with internal investment teams, IT and other areas of Portfolio Services to ensure best in class implementation is delivered for our clients.
- Continuously assess the resource and development needs of the multiple fixed income investment teams, with a focus on scalability and efficiency of the implementation infrastructure.
- Identify ongoing opportunities for enhancements to technology and processes, and share best practices across the group.
QUALIFICATIONS The successful candidate for this position is likely to:
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated strong understanding of, and interest in, fixed income investing;
- Advanced analytical skills, a quantitative orientation, and a detail-oriented mindset;
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with investment and other business professionals around the firm;
- Ability to think creatively and initiate projects that lead to improved implementation of strategies and trades; and
- Strong academic credentials. An undergraduate degree is required. A post-graduate degree or relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA), or progress towards one, would be viewed favorably.
Manager, Fixed Income Portfolio Implementation JOB FAMILY
Portfolio Services LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .