Marketing Technology Product Architect / Owner
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description Basic Purpose
The Marketing Technology Product Architect / Owner serves as the domain expert on Marketing Technology (MarTech) and helps drive MFS' digital client experience vision while delivering industry leading marketing and client touchpoint capabilities. This individual will work to integrate MFS' MarTech stack and activities that are aligned with MFS' marketing, distribution, and enterprise strategic initiatives. The Product Owner/Architect will partner with MFS' technology team and work as part of an Agile team to develop a roadmap for the product(s), translates business needs and requirements, and directs the agile team to the product vision. Principal Responsibilities
- Lead the successful implementation and delivery of marketing technology implementation, enhancements, updates, and engagement with internal technology team and other business partners
- Work with key marketing, distribution, and technology stakeholders to develop product vision and convey the vision to the Agile team and the organization.
- Serves as the marketing technology SME and as primary liaison between stakeholders and the team, utilizing feedback loops to ensure continuous sharing of information.
- Engage with business and technology leaders to understand strategy, articulate solution options, evaluate tradeoffs, influence key decisions, and rationalize implementation
- Map business and technology capabilities to core digital marketing platform features and identify opportunities to improve the user experience and business outcome(s)
- Establish marketing technology product roadmap that defines a strategic view of where the MarTech stack and product(s) is headed over the mid to long term.
- Build alignment with key stakeholders to secure support for MarTech product roadmap and ensure continuous validation of features and stories.
- Establish MarTech product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Ensure the development team understands items in the backlog to the level needed, plan iterations, and ensure user stories meet standards.
- Develop clear acceptance criteria that guide the team to producing "done" increments. Create a uniform definition of "done".
- Actively manages external dependencies and impediments that could impact the team's completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Participates in scrum ceremonies (Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospective) and longer term planning exercises (Road Mapping, Release Planning).
- Continually enhances knowledge of systems, products, and industry.
- Participates in the internal Product Owner Community of Practice to exchange knowledge, skills and ideas with people across the organization.
- Partners with the Scrum Master to manage budget.
- Stays current with emerging marketing technologies, product updates, industry and market needs/trends
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Hands-on experience with marketing technology with a strong preference for Adobe Marketing Cloud - AEM, Target, Analytics, Campaign Manager, Audience Manager, or similar MarTech expertise
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years' experience in the financial services / investment management industry preferred Strong understanding of the MarTech product landscape and the constituents in the financial services / investment management industry.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with writing effective user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills and ability to partner with IT and business partners
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization, and external suppliers
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Worked or led marketing/enterprise-wide IT marketing technology function or digitial marketing agency/consultancy with exposure to financial/investment management industry
- Ability to assess, develop, and mentor existing staff in strategic technology architecture competencies
- Adept at influencing and directing the MarTech vision across all levels of the organization
- Experience as a Product Owner or Architect on an Agile team preferred.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) preferred.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."