Private Equity Vice President, Healthcare Services and MedTech
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
As part of the continued expansion of our alternative capabilities, we seek to recruit a Private Equity Vice President to join our diversified Hadley Harbor, late-stage growth, investment team. Wellington launched its dedicated private equity business in 2014, and we currently manage $2.4 billion in assets across two private equity funds, of which 15% is allocated to healthcare services and medtech investments. In addition, we are currently raising a third private fund where we anticipate that over 20% of the assets will be allocated to healthcare services/medtech investments.
The ideal candidate will partner with senior members of the team to source and diligence private healthcare services/medtech investment opportunities. In order to optimize deal flow, the Vice President will develop broad relationships within the healthcare venture capital and crossover investor communities. S/he will source, track, and evaluate potential healthcare services/medtech investment opportunities, conduct in-depth due diligence of select deals, and develop investment recommendations. In addition, the Vice President will curate the deal flow from initial contact through exit, and will assist with investment and strategic decision making. QUALIFICATIONS
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience in a private markets investment role, preferably at a venture capital or private equity firm;
- Established industry relationships and an ability to source, track and evaluate potential investment opportunities;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and to collaborate with experienced, cross-functional deal teams;
- Strong bottom-up fundamental approach to research;
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment;
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature; and
- Superior academic credentials: MBA/CFA preferred.
Private Equity Vice President, Healthcare Services and MedTech JOB FAMILY
Investment Management (IM) LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .