The Institutional Sales Analyst acts as a central resource for the Institutional Sales team. The analyst works directly with the Senior Institutional Sales team members while strategically aligning alongside internal partner groups. While the role is not in a direct sales role, the applicant may be externally facing at times and must possess strong interpersonal skills, industry knowledge, and a passion for the asset management business.
Full-Time / Part-Time
About Our Company
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset management group that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world. With more than 2000 people including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage over $400 billion of assets (as of May 2018) across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation solutions and alternatives. Our priority is the investment success of our clients. We know investors want strong and repeatable risk-adjusted returns and we aim to deliver this through an active and consistent investment approach that is team-based, risk-aware and performance-driven.
Line of Business
US Asset Management
Institutional Sales Analyst
- On-site, internal meeting preparationdue diligence, kick-the-tire, and client activity.
- Key prospect meeting preparation
- Implement institutional Best Practices meeting model
- Work directly with investment teams, product managers & other subject matter experts to draft presentation content.
- Prepare competitive analysis and briefing documents;
- Create and finalize agendas, request custom materials;
- Prepare competitive analysis and briefing documents.
- Attend and participate in meetings as necessary and appropriate.
Sales Reporting/CRM Reporting (Salesforce.com)
- Maintain territory qualification reports (via MMD and Salesforce.com).
- Maintain sales territory maps and heat maps.
- Create, maintain and update regular sales reports: e.g. pipeline
- Maintains sales reporting templateshigh quality prospect templates, other sales tools
- Serve as subject matter expert for CRM report development and maintenance (JIRA requests, etc.)
- Develop and maintain data driven analytical dashboard, territory and metrics report suite as needed.
- Respond to distribution/sales survey content as requested (external publications)
- Assist with internal/executive reporting as needed
- Manage internal communications on behalf of head of salescalendar management, internal agendas, meeting minutes, follow up on action items and coordination.
- Manage sales training programs as needed
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to analyze data and drive analytics to sales/product conclusions.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and data warehouses, particularly Salesforce and eVestment.
- Ability to navigate complex systems, statistical and coding skills (i.e. Excel Macros).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Series 7 (or SIE and Series 7 top off exam), 63, and 3 or the ability to obtain within a defined period of time.
Job Family Group