ABOUT NEW PROFIT New Profit is a pioneering venture philanthropy organization that backs social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. In partnership with a national network of philanthropists, New Profit provides unrestricted funding and strategic support to a portfolio of social entrepreneurs to help them realize their full potential. We also work to ensure that all social entrepreneurs can thrive by influencing how government and philanthropy fund and advance social problem solving through policy advocacy, convening, and field leadership efforts.
Since its founding in 1998, New Profit has invested over $250M in its portfolio and unlocked over $1.7B in public sector funding for social innovation.
Read more about who we are, what we believe, and how we work in our 20th Anniversary Annual Report.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Are you a finance or accounting professional with a passion for social change? Are you a problem solver, driven to create solutions and systems to support a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization? Do you have an almost fanatical attention to detail and organization, which you bring to all your work and projects? If so, New Profit wants to talk to you about an exciting opportunity to join our Finance team. The Finance Senior Associate plays a key role in coordinating and managing New Profit’s organizational systems including finance, accounting, payroll and human resources. The Finance Senior Associate helps ensure that New Profit’s systems continue to adapt and improve as the organization evolves and matures. This role is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience and build skills in finance, accounting, human resources, and other functional areas that are based on best practices applicable to any organization.
- Process accounts payable and receivable, and manage resolution of billing issues
- Complete a monthly reconciliation of the donor management system and accounting system
- Process wires for disbursement and transfers between New Profit bank accounts
- Support the annual budgeting process, quarterly reporting, and annual audit
- Maintain complete and timely files to support all accounting and finance activities, including vendor activity and contract billing
- Support the maintenance of the accounting policies and procedures manual and standard operating procedures documents
- Work closely with the entire New Profit team to ensure timely and accurate financial records & reporting
Human Resources and Payroll Administration:
- Onboard new hires into payroll, benefits, and systems
- Process new hire and employee termination paperwork
- Process biweekly payroll
- Maintain and support the expense reimbursement platform
- Manage and process staff expense reimbursements
- Uphold relationships with key account management for payroll, benefits, and systems
- Update and maintain employee handbook and both staff and non-staff expense reimbursement policies
- Serve as resource to staff as needed
- Ensure state compliance for Massachusetts and other states
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You have an associate’s degree or higher and at least 3 years of professional work experience in finance and/or accounting that must include payroll processing or accounts payable
- You have superior organizational skills combined with an obsessive attention to detail
- You can work independently and with remote team members
- You are comfortable with starting and stopping tasks to address urgent matters
- You have the ability to manage multiple, detailed projects with the ability to follow through and drive toward deadlines
- You have a high level of interpersonal maturity, poise, and professionalism
- You have excellent judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information
- You have unwavering commitment to service and a strong customer orientation
- You have an intermediate command of Microsoft EXCEL, and experience with accounting software
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are a collaborative team player who is willing to go above and beyond
- You embody and demonstrate your commitment to New Profit’s mission, social entrepreneurship, and social change
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please go to New Profit’s Career page. Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume addressed to Jessica Kirby.
New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. An equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.