Our client is a leading investment management firm with responsibility for $900 billion+ in client assets spanning US, international and global equity, fixed income, currency, commodities, real assets, and active asset allocation portfolios for institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 40 countries. They are headquartered in Boston and this position is at the headquarters.
The Risk & Analytics Team is responsible for providing advanced quantitative tools such as analytic calculators, risk models, cash flow engines, liquidity evaluation frameworks, technical pattern modeling, and asset allocation strategies to the firm's portfolio management and research teams. Members of the team play critical roles in the firm's success by providing proprietary technology solutions, which enable complex investment decision-making.
This lead role will use their software engineering skills to drive development of the firm's next generation of quantitative tools.
- Participate in full-cycle software development including development, regression testing, deployment, and production support.
- Work directly with investors, quants, and risk managers to create quantitative solutions.
- Provide technical leadership to a development team with responsibility for architecture, design and implementation.
- Partner closely with investment and research teams to understand business needs and to create effective technical solutions.
- Lead implementation of business process improvements involving (but not limited to) investment process efficiency, data quality improvements and simplifying investor work flow.
- At least 7 years of hands-on software development experience.
- Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of, modern software development and testing methodologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Practical experience with development in asset management or global capital markets environments.
- Understanding of security analytics and risk management applications and/or concepts.
- Demonstrated experience developing J2EE solutions using Java, JDBC, Web Services, Messaging, and related technologies.
- Working knowledge of SQL and database technologies.
- Delivery focus and willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical production environment.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, physics, statistics or other related field. Advanced degree will be a big plus.
In addition, the following qualifications would be a plus:
- Quantitative skills
- Understanding of relevant mathematical concepts
- Prior experience using distributed computing, grid or cloud technologies, particularly Amazon Web Services
- Experience with any of the following technologies: