Team Lead - Investment Systems Support Engineer
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description Basic Purpose
The Team Lead - Investment Systems Support Engineer will act as a resource for front-office investment technology systems while overseeing a global support team. The Team Lead will demonstrate technical and business knowledge expertise in excess of peers and serve as a lead, mentor and model for all other financial software support engineers. Principal Responsibilities
- In partnership with your manager, develop/maintain a program for providing a top-notch customer support experience for our critical investment staff. Maintain a support environment that promotes team unity and communication.
- Create and/or elevate the customer support experience to be consistent across application areas. Make critical decisions on support issues impacting our business. Ensure all support requests from either business users or system issues impacting user productivity are resolved / followed through according to SLA's.
- Take ownership and be proactive in meeting critical investment systems SLA's. This includes systems uptime as well as validating application integrity after infrastructure events such as system maintenance, software patches, DR failovers, etc.
- Lead projects to satisfy MFS obligations such as industry testing, BCDR testing, and system maintenance activities.
- Manage the support team across a global landscape. Help define the proper team size for providing complete support coverage 24x6. Provide monthly metrics to help determine areas of need and resourcing. Monitor appropriate support documentation is being produced to reduce diagnosis and resolution time. Monitor to ensure the team is following corporate and departmental processes and guidelines.
- Introduce ideas to improve the support team and systems processing efficiency. Work with your manager to determine the longer term benefit. Identify areas where improved technical solutions can eliminate risk and simplify the flow of investment data. Provide technical guidance to non-technical users, assisting them to build better processes and procedures.
- Interface with business users to gather requirements and provide them with technical solutions. Help solve business problems or special projects as needed by engaging different teams to resolution. Provide or review solutions for future expansion and consider the long term impact & support feasibility.
- Keep technical skills current through ongoing education and participation in technical and business work groups. Assist management in the selection of future technologies based upon detailed knowledge of the MFS investment lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting critical systems and implementing sound resolutions.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering.
- 7-10 years' experience directly developing and/or supporting investment systems supporting portfolio management, trading, FIX, compliance, back-office functions. Strong understanding of financial securities and OEMS systems. Experience with Charles River IMS/CRD systems a plus.
- Demonstrated SQL skills with Oracle or SQL Server. Ability to understand investment data, database schemas.
- Detailed understanding of the investment trade flow and security data, including the ability to trace an investment data through the front, middle and back office systems.
- Strong oral communication skills with a desire to mentor more junior members of the team.
- Ability to make decisions with little direction to ensure that trading systems are available for the business.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills. Must also be able to identify solutions to first time problems, often with little or no outside assistance.
- Willingness to be on-call during the nightly processing for key trading systems.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."