Quality Assurance Specialist
Product Specialist/QA - Trading (Charles River Development) *Burlington or Boston, MA* Burlington Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Burlington-Massachusetts/Product-Specialist-QA---Trade-Automation-Team--Charles-River-Development-_R-621920-1/apply
Product Specialist/QA - Trading (Charles River Development)
*Burlington or Boston, MA*
Charles River Development, a State Street Company, helps enable sound and efficient investing across all asset classes. Investment firms in more than 40 countries use Charles River IMS to manage more than US$25 Trillion in assets in the institutional investment, wealth management and hedge fund industries. Our Software as a Service-based solution (SaaS) is designed to automate and simplify investment management on a single platform from portfolio management and risk analytics through trading and post-trade settlement, with integrated compliance and managed data throughout. Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, we support clients globally with more than 750 employees in 11 regional offices.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, developers, business analysts and other project team members to assist in carrying out the software quality responsibilities of the Scrum team.
- Create comprehensive test plans with well defined, reusable test cases from business requirements and functional specifications documents.
- Execute manual and automated functional, integration, regression, and performance tests.
- Independently create and maintain automated and manual test script libraries for functional, integration, regression and performance testing.
- Document software defects in the issue tracking systems and proactively communicate issues with developers and other project team members.
- Provide testing leadership by identifying opportunities for improvement in the Scrum team's QA methodology.
- Adhere to a testing schedule to ensure efficient and effective product delivery.
- Actively participate in the Agile software development process by adhering to the CRD Scrum Methodology including attending all daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives.
- Participate in group testing activities as needed.
- Guide and mentor staff in proper creation and planning of test processes.
- Experience in software testing within a process driven technology environment
- Demonstrated experience using test cases, scripts, and automated test tools (preferably SILK) for verifying requirements on multi-tier applications
- Demonstrated ability translating business requirements into comprehensive functional and technical test plans
- Knowledgeable in one or more CRD functional financial areas strongly desired
- A minimum of 5 years working with an Agile development methodology strongly desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with great attention to detail
- Excellent SQL skills
- Understanding of various automation technologies
- Prior experience working on Trading applications is a plus
- Exposure to one or more object oriented programming language (i.e. C, C#, JAVA, Python).
- Education: BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or study of Business with an MIS background. MS degree strongly preferred
Posted 5 Days AgoFull timeR-621920
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .