Job Opportunity Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations, Framingham, MA Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations, Framingham, MA -1904672 Description As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations performs routine, analytical review of data and/or documentation which may include customer data and/or review for fraud/risk activities. Will be tasked with making decisions on disputed transactions and/or suspect activity flagged for investigative review. S/he performs other such duties as assigned including trouble shooting operational issues. The incumbent participates in projects requiring coordination with other teams. The Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations manages competing priorities in an accurate and timely manner. Responsibilities
- Analyzes current fraud trends and provide input into rules and parameters.
- Assists in the preparation of filing bonded claims and un-bonded charge off recommendations.
- Completes governmental reports such as SAR.
- Conducts daily new business and member account and/or changed account review and due diligence actions in compliance with the USA Patriot Act Member Identification Program (MIP).
- Develops and maintains Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Develops registration & licensing documents, policy and procedure manuals, and other documentation as needed.
- Enters fraud cases in the case management system.
- Investigates fraud claims involving ACH, Pre-authorized drafts, altered check, forged endorsements, unauthorized third party transfers, elder fraud, identity theft or other operations fraud issues.
- Maintains case files and work with law enforcement agencies and internal departments.
- Reports suspicious activity as required by the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Researches discrepancies, accumulate all necessary information and take appropriate action to stop, and where possible, prevent fraud and identity theft losses.
- Reviews daily reports for unauthorized share activity.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply Job : Business Operations Primary Location : Massachusetts-Framingham-5 Whittier Street - 06365 - Whittier Street-Corp Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Aug 26, 2019, 3:16:31 PM
- H.S. Diploma; or equivalent work experience.
- 0-3 years; of loss prevention, fraud, regulatory compliance and fraud prevention or security area experience, preferably in financial services.
- Ability to analyze diverse information and develop strategy recommendations.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Knowledge and experience with root cause analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.
- Solid ability to multi-task.
- Solid analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of department computer applications and systems.
- Working knowledge of fraud systems such as Lexus Nexus, Targus, Tran Union TLO.
- Working knowledge of loss and fraud detection/prevention principals, multiple fraud areas, compliance and regulatory issues related to the department and/or company.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Accurately identifies resource requirements to solve basic problems.
- Communicates clearly and precisely.
- Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify understanding.
- Defines issues accurately and identifies the critical components.
- Knows who the organization's key customers and competitors are.
- Has basic understanding of financial services industry and how organizations operate.
- Learns about and diligently follows established risk management policies, processes and procedures.
- Maintains professional behavior at all times in representing the company does all routine work accurately and on-time; is aware of own impact on others.
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries.
- Takes responsibility for issues and, with assistance, works to find a solution.
- Works effectively in team settings.
- Shows appreciation for others' help and lends a hand when needed to complete shared tasks.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Town of Framingham
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- FEEDING THE HUNGRY
Santander Interns work together to help serve the community.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click Add to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsCommercialComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementReturnship JobsRiskRisk ManagementSalesSales ManagementUnderwriting
- Operations, Town of Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
- Business Operations, Town of Framingham, Massachusetts, United States