Job Opportunity Universal Operations Specialist, Gloucester, MA Universal Operations Specialist, Gloucester, MA -1904618 Description
As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Senior Specialist, Universal Banking Operations performs the operations and service functions of the branch, including adherence to all security, reconciliation, monitoring and balancing policies and procedures. In addition, s/he identifies customer needs and refers financial products and services. The incumbent plays a vital role in delivering a quality customer experience, by working directly with the branch sales team to create an environment that demonstrates core behaviors that enhance and grow the branch. S/he specializes in our branch customer experience through lobby management, transactions, and servicing for retail and business customers. Responsibilities
Utilizes sales techniques to uncover customer needs and match to the organization's products and services; sells a full range of consumer and business products/services such as deposit accounts, loans, credit cards, and safe deposit boxes to meet or exceed established sales goals to support overall sales objectives
- Adheres to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies
- Completes branch currency ordering, and maintain negotiable inventory
- Effectively uses available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of information received from Loan Processing, Deposit Operations, ATM, Reconcilement, Loss Management or Financial Intelligence Unit or other internal Santander departments
- Functions as the ATM Custodian, to include balancing
- Functions as the Vault Custodian
- Markets a full range of consumer and small business banking services to existing and potential customers through proactive techniques such as lobby leadership, outbound telemarketing calls, marketing campaigns, or in banking center events
- Participates in telemarketing and other banking center calling and marketing initiatives
- Performs sporadic cash counts for ATM and Service Associates
- Provides a variety of transactions for customers, including typical consumer transactions i.e., cashes checks and processes checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties, etc. while seeking opportunities
- to develop customer relationships and identify sales opportunities; utilizes basic sales techniques to deepen existing customer/prospect relationships
- Researches and resolves account problems in conjunction with branch management
- H.S. Diploma, or equivalent work experience;
- 3-5 years; Experience in customer service, sales, call center and/or cash-handling along with branch operations experience
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to interact with customers, partners, vendors and team members in a professional and personable manner
- Ability to maintain and balance a cash drawer
- Ability, motivation and preference to succeed in a goal-driven environment
- Basic knowledge of small business, mortgages, and lending services a plus
- Basic understanding of personal finances and concept of budgeting
- Comfortable making outreach calls to consumer or business customers and/or prospect
- Comfortable with technology & i.e. smartphones, ipads, online banking, remote deposit capture, ATM deposits, etc
- Decision-maker with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and ability to follow established policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Passion for customer service and helping people
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated aptitude and desire for sales achievement
- Strong commitment to personal growth, learning and success
- Superior customer relationship building skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Addresses customers requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers needs and meet commitments
- Assesses problem situations and initiates effective interventions that result in customer satisfaction
- Takes time to develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Builds and maintains ones network of contacts and resources and knows who to involve in problem resolution
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
- Follows through to meet commitments to others Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands
- Understands rationale for change and adjusts schedules and tasks to make things work
- Anticipates and plans for changes in work schedules and assignments
- Understands the relevant products and services and the markets in which they are sold and their risk return to the organization
- Can identify and speak to major operational issues across the organization
- In compliance with the requirements outlined within the Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a credit check as part of, and in addition to, the existing background check for all positions where one must perform job functions of a loan originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule. In order to be eligible for this position you must have a valid US Social Security at the time of application
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Job : Retail Operations Primary Location : Massachusetts-Gloucester-154 Main Street - 00651 - Gloucester - Branch Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Aug 31, 2019, 12:32:52 AM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Gloucester
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- Justins Santander Steps
Discover how Justins career has progressed at Santander since he was hired as a Teller in 2014.
- Mitchells Santander Steps
From entry-level to company thought leader, find out how Mitchells career at Santander has grown.
- Michael Cleary, Head of Consumer and Business Banking
Our biggest challenge, and a critical priority internally, is how we can ...
- FEEDING THE HUNGRY
Santander Interns work together to help serve the community.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Santander Wins Digital Strategy Award
Santander's consumer technologies were recognized by Innovation Enterprise.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click Add to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementReturnship JobsRiskRisk ManagementSalesSales ManagementUnderwriting
- Consumer and Business Banking, Gloucester, Massachusetts, United States
- Operations, Gloucester, Massachusetts, United States
- Business Operations, Gloucester, Massachusetts, United States