Senior Specialist, Testing
Job Opportunity Sr. Specialist, Testing, Dorchester, MA Sr. Specialist, Testing, Dorchester, MA -1905245 Description
As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank. The Sr. Specialist, Testing performs hands-on software testing and coordination for Web-based applications and supports the testing of an existing product line to integrate new and enhance existing features, including the integration of third-party commercial applications. S/he participates in the software development life cycle, including requirements definition and design, test, and delivery phases. Works with a team of analysts and engineers to interpret system requirements and designs for alignment with software test cases and perform software and integrated device testing on prototype and production configurations. In addition, the incumbent coordinates, creates, maintains, and executes manual and automated test scripts and work with the development team to integrate scripts into the software build process. Responsibilities
- Builds web pages, write technical and support documentation.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of test plans.
- Creates and maintains automation shell scripts.
- Creates test plans, execute regression testing, load testing and prepare performance metrics.
- Execute tests against written requirements.,Identifies test defects - deviations track to closure.
- Implements test and integration environments and help with test to production migration.
- Provides on-call technical support.
- Reviews software requirements modules and creates use cases and test scripts.
- Tests, Integrates and Supports software applications using various technologies.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply
- Bachelor's Degree; in computer science, software engineering or equivalent field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years; Experience developing test strategies, test plans, and test cases.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively.
- Ability to evaluate and identify opportunities to improve technology performance.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload.
- Ability to stay continuously informed on current leading-edge technologies industry trends.
- Background in Software Testing using either automated or manual test scripts.
- Experience executing test scripts and scenarios for various software platforms.
- Expertise in testing web based applications and web services based systems with minimal to no user interface.
- Proficient in writing SQLs to query the backend during the test execution.
- Project management skills.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Addresses customer's requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately.
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers needs and meet commitments.
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner.
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions.
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members.
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results.
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported.
- Follows through to meet commitments to others.
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands.
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious.
- Understands the relevant products and services and the markets in which they are sold and their risk return to the organization.
- Can identify and speak to major operational issues across the organization.
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and present a rational case.
Job : Software Validation & Testing Primary Location : Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard - 06367 - Columbia Park Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Oct 3, 2019, 7:25:06 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Dorchester
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
- IT Locations
Discover Santander’s two U.S. technology hubs.
- Innovating Through IT
Our information technology team plays an integral role in our success. Learn more about them today.
- Meet Our Team
Meet the innovators who make up our IT team.
- Why Join Us?
Here are the top 5 reasons to join our IT team.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementDevelopmentFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementRiskRisk ManagementSalesSales ManagementUnderwriting
- Information Technology, Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States