Oracle Database Architect
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Oracle Database Architect
• Provide world-class support and expertise to all of MasterCard's Database environments.
• MasterCard's Database Architects set the direction for the enterprise leadership to design and build highly scalable and efficient solutions
• Represent MasterCard's Data Architecture team as a subject matter expert.
• Continually look for opportunities to create efficiencies and provide expertise to integrate technologies and platforms into current environments
• Provide leadership and contribute to technology roadmaps to support MasterCard's vision
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Displays excellent collaborative skills to facilitate cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work with team members located in multiple geographies and time zones
• Ability to work with minimal supervision seeking direction as required
• Configure and set up new oracle installations
• Review existing configurations and installations and provide design decisions for improvements to platform environments
• Implements backup strategies and performs upgrades and patching
• Develop architectures to migrate data and entire databases; And implement and deliver on the architecture migrating databases.
• Perform production level support and be part of the on call rotation when required.
• Work with Oracle support when required.
• Work with multiple application teams and developers
• Leads and sets direction for MasterCard's use of best practices and application database solutions.
• Works with management to plan and implement new strategies including new tools and products that provide data services.
• Leads efforts to identify, communicate and implement new strategies and represents Data Architecture in high level planning and long term direction.
All About You
• Strong trouble shooting skills across various Oracle technologies like RAC, DataGuard, ASM, GoldenGate, RMAN
• Very proficient with Oracle 11gR2, 12c RAC, ASM
• Very proficient with Oracle Golden Gate Bi-directional and multi-master replication.
• Strong experience with Oracle Exadata features and support is desired, but not mandatory.
• Very proficient with Oracle tools OEM, RMAN, Data Guard
• Very proficient with PL/SQL and SQL
• Proficient with Oracle installation and configuration
• Proficient with Oracle Architecture
• Proficient with Oracle networking, TNS, OID, Services
• Proficient with Linux
• Working knowledge of OLTP/DW system design
• Working knowledge of scripting languages, KSH, Python, Perl, etc.,
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.