Senior BizOps Engineer, DevOps
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Senior BizOps Engineer, DevOps
The Shared Components and Security Solutions (SCSS) BizOps Enable team is looking for a DevOps Engineer who can help us solve problems, build our CI/CD pipeline and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
-- Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
-- Are you a CI/CD geek who loves all things automation?
-- Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
Mastercard is seeking an engineer with experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef. Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is required. Candidates with deeper experience in Chef are desired.
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
- Design, implement, and enhance our deployment automation based on Chef. We need proven experience writing chef recipes/cookbooks as well as designing and implementing an overall Chef based release and deployment process.
- Use Jenkins to orchestrate builds as well as link to Sonar, Chef, Maven, Artifactory, etc. to build out the CI/CD pipeline.
- Support deployments of code into multiple lower environments. Supporting current processes needed with an emphasis on automating everything as soon as possible.
- Design and implement a Git based code management strategy that will support multiple environment deployments in parallel. Experience with automation for branch management, code promotions, and version management is a plus.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
- Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
- For work on our dev ops team, engineer with experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef. Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is required.
- Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.