Senior Technical Program Manager
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Senior Technical Program Manager
Are you a technical program manager who wants to focus on analytic platforms and data needs? Are you passionate about coordinating and clearly communicating across teams while also managing risk and priorities for your team? Do you want to work in an inclusive and nurturing culture that encourages your own professional learning and development?
We are currently seeking a Technical Program Manager for the Mastercard Intelligence product area within the Data & Services team. You will own the end-to-end delivery of engineering projects for one of our analytics solutions that leverages Mastercard dataset combined with proprietary analytic techniques to help businesses around the world solve multi-million dollar business questions.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for MasterCard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
As a Technical Program Manager in the Mastercard Intelligence product area, you will:
• Plan, execute, and deliver projects from inception to completion to support the Mastercard Intelligence Center
• Proactively manage the end-to-end delivery of engineering work across the development, business operations and product management teams including by reporting out progress, ensuring dependencies are covered, overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery
• Leveraging technical strengths and business context, drive constructive discussions and clarify across teams to define solutions for business needs and to determine resolutions to issues
• Manage priorities for the development team to plan agile iterations as well as building and maintaining integrated project schedules that account for dependencies and constraints for large initiatives
• Manage project communications to the right audiences at the right time including to clearly articulate scope, timelines, dependencies, owners, actions, risks, and mitigations
All About You:
- You are experienced in all things data - writing SQL queries, researching data discrepancies, data reporting, data visualization and ETL.
- You have passion and experience in working on customer facing emerging products and services.
- You possess strong communication skills - both verbal and written - and are able to get your point across efficiently to a wide range of audiences.
- You are results driven with proven ability to effectively define and communicate project status, risks, and solutions in a proactive manner. Also able to manage support issues to drive to root cause and resolution.
- You are high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and adaptive and can work in a dynamic environment.
- You have an ability to simultaneously manage short-term priorities and long-term initiatives and have experience working with agile software development processes, ideally as a scrum master.
- You have strong collaborative and organizational skills and you value transparency over avoiding scrutiny.
- You build solid and trust-based relationships within the team and various stakeholders and become a valued thought partner.
- You can exercise influence outside your own teams to achieve results for the entire organization.
- You have expert level knowledge of software development processes, and you practice Agile at an advanced level.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.