Annuity Product Consultant
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're seeking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Product Consultant will support the development of new annuity products and in-force annuity initiatives. In this dynamic role, the level of involvement for any initiative will vary from one component of the initiative to its entirety. The Consultant represents Annuity Product Development on cross-company project teams in the development of new individual annuity products, product enhancements, and management of the annuity in-force block. The role must partner closely with other areas of the Company to ensure successful and timely implementation of product deliverables. The Consultant must manage day-to-day new product and enhancement issues. This individual will also manage the existing block of in-force annuity business and all ad-hoc annuity product requests. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strives to be a subject matter expert for all products and riders current and previously sold
- Utilizes expertise to provide support to internal and external partners related to product mechanics and positioning.
- Drafts written requirements for various new product initiatives, product changes/enhancements, and administrative changes/corrections
- Assists in the brainstorming and researching of new product concepts and enhancements to our existing products.
- Actively participates in the contract drafting process.
- Manages and supports annual prospectus review
- Subject Matter Expert for various business units regarding in-force administrative concerns and key TSA initiatives
- Supports the development and review of marketing and training materials.
- Builds partnerships with key stakeholders, such as Legal, Compliance, Marketing, New Business, and Distribution.
- Works on ad-hoc Product and Illustration projects.
- Supports product inquiries from the Distribution Team
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience in the annuity industry.
- Must be comfortable working on a dynamic team with shifting responsibilities.
- Must possess excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills for coordinating and monitoring deliverables and status.
- Extensive knowledge of the Brighthouse annuity products and the annuity industry.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence, gain consensus, and cultivate strategic internal relationships with individuals at various levels throughout the organization.
- Strong analytical capabilities, financial acumen and business judgment. Operates effectively in the face of ambiguity.
- Strong problem-solving skills.