Lead Data & Analytics Engineer
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're se eking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Lead Data & Analytics Engineer is responsible for implementing data and analytics capabilities and platforms including the data management and integration capabilities, enterprise reference data, and analytics platforms across Brighthouse Financial. This position will play a key role in the design and implementation new and existing platform architecture frameworks, software & hardware technologies, as well as the evaluation and selection on premise and cloud technologies to drive and realize Brighthouse Financials' Data strategy. Key objectives of this Job:
- Be part of core an elite DevOps based Engineering team to Build-out core data & analytics frameworks and specialized solutions in alignment with the Enterprise Data & Analytics strategy and architecture for the Company.
- Collaborate with architecture, data science & analytics team, other engineering & technology teams, and product management functions to ensure that data and analytics systems accelerate the company's business vision and priorities.
- Develop the future state data and analytics capabilities while also managing and drive efforts to modernize existing legacy capabilities in alignment with strategic investments and roadmaps.
- Implement, and manage modern data and integration assets, platforms, and systems to ensure long term stability and reliability in alignment with Enterprise Architecture target state roadmaps.
Evolve technology products to meet and exceed needs:
- Understand and contribute to the "full stack" of development (designs and products)
- Produce quality code, releases and fixes
Deliver technology products according to business needs
- Build resilient products/features which are easily maintainable
- Optimize application development and product quality
Collaborate in a high performing team and an elite technology community
Understand development budgets and resources, compliance, security and risk
Non-technical skills (aka abilities)
- High sense of ownership
- Independent achiever
- Understanding of development platforms and modeling (AWS, UML, etc)
- Expert in coding various languages (Java, Java/Script, Informatica, Python, HTML/CSS, .net, etc)
- Continuous Integrations/Continuous Development
- Agile method
- Risk Management
- Financial Analysis
The Data Management & Analytics Framework
- Part of the team that will build the core data management and analytics framework to drive the end-to-end digital platform for the Company.
- Partner with architecture and infrastructure, security, and administration to design, implement, and operate a data integration, standardization, and consumption platform to ensure consistent use of information across partner organizations.
- Develop and operationalize full life-cycle of analytic solutions into business processes to maximize the value.
- Manage, support and modernize analytic capabilities as a managed service including research environments, ad-hoc reporting and analysis, and shifting of tactical solutions to industrialized frameworks.
- Collaborate with architecture, product management, and other engineering teams to enable the development of complex data and analytics solutions.
Quality Assurance, Operations & Production Support
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Develop the discipline to ensure timely delivery of highly reliable data and data related solutions.
- Identify and realize opportunities to harden, modernize, and improve overall resilience of new and existing capabilities, systems, and platforms.
- Define and track metrics that demonstrate operational effectiveness and improvement opportunities.
Alternate Job Location :
- Average of 8+ years of experience (minimum) with increasing responsibilities in data management, business intelligence, predictive analytics, support of information systems and information technology, direct management of a major IT operation.
- Management consulting experience in execution and delivery in with large organizations (especially within Financial Industry), complex functional environments, and dispersed geographies.
- Proven track record in developing, deploying and maintaining transactional systems, operational databases and data stores, data warehousing, reporting, analytics platforms, tools, and technologies.
- Demonstrated contribution as a lead or senior engineer for large, complex, multi-disciplinary systems implementation projects.
- Strong foundational knowledge and experience with peta-scale data systems supporting large consumer-facing websites.
- Hands-on experience in data and business intelligence delivery including hands-on engineering skills - interest and ability to roll up sleeves and work along with key architects and engineers in building our leading edge data systems.
- Broad understanding of multiple technologies - These include enterprise data platforms (SAP HANA/BDS, Teradata), No SQL (DynamoDB, MongoDB, HBase), DBMS (SQL Server, Oracle), ETL (Informatica, Pentaho), Reporting (Business Objects, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Birst, etc.), performance tuning for large-scale computing clusters (Spark, Hadoop), OS (Linux, Windows Solaris), and languages (Java, Python, Scala, C++). Experience dealing with PB+ data sets.
- Familiarity with a range of data management, Business Intelligence approaches and the latest, tools, approaches, techniques, and methodologies in data and analytics development management.
- Deep understanding and appreciation for both business and technology components of information management in insurance and financial services industry.
- A demonstrable history of influencing others through consensus building in a cross functional matrix environment.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible, and creative.
- Ability and desire to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum.
- Proven track record in meeting aggressive deadlines.
- B.S./B.A. degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or other technical fields. Coding and Data Science boot camps coupled with other advanced degrees and proven experience are fully considered. Higher level degree is strongly preferred.
Morristown, NJ Travel:
Less than 10%