Principal Product Manager
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're se eking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
To drive and connect all aspects of working with data at the core of a product or solution requires an intersection of applied business understanding, with domain knowledge of data, analytics and or engineering expertise, along with program and technical delivery management, and change management experience.
The Product Manager requires a deep and broad appreciation for what is possible and what will soon be possible by taking full advantage of data. Working with IT Solutions leaders, Architecture, Data Scientist, Business Analysts, and Engineers to drive the definition and implementation data driven and analytics solutions, platforms, and services encompassing data management and integration, APIs and microservices, managed file transfers, and enterprise reference and master data, operationalize data science developed models to deliver and realize solutions in alignment with Brighthouse Financials' Data & Analytics strategy. Key Objectives
- Drive the design and delivery of the data and analytics solutions, platforms, and services in alignment with strategic architecture and roadmaps.
- Work in a highly integrated fashion across data & analytics teams, and partners to analyze requirements, translate into design approach and strategy, and implement resilient data solutions.
- Perform analysis and provide thought leadership to drive our Data Solutions Delivery as a strategic advantage and ensure the continuous realization of value.
- Define success criteria and measurement of value of realization for product solutions.
Shape the formation of the Data Solutions function responsible for the design, deliver, and operational end to end data and analytics solutions; from consultation through operations. Partner with senior leadership on the continuing transformation into a data and analytics driven organization.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Provide end-to-end product management aligning Development, Functional and non-Functional requirements in close coordination with Infrastructure, Operations, Security, Transformation Office, and vendor partners to ensure a wholly aligned and coordinated delivery of the new data and analytics solutions.
- Drive and coordinate analysis and assessment of business requirements in order translate into data and analytics solutions in conjunction with domain teams, architecture, and engineering, to develop data requirements and flows, solution specifications, and testing approaches.
- Steer and prioritize the product portfolio in conjunction with strategic priorities and roadmaps.
- Develop business cases to validate investments and prioritization decisions.
- Develop and drive implementation plans in coordination with all stakeholders and the Transformation Management office.
- Manage product and program level demand, resource planning and financials to ensure efficient and timely delivery of critical needs within planned and forecasted budgets.
- Transition ownership and management operational support of the data management framework and enabling services such as a client information hub, contact and preference management centers, as well as operationalizing data optimization and management solutions.
- Collaborate with architecture, business solutions, engineering teams, and quality assurance to enable full end to end program delivery.
- Ensure timely delivery of highly reliable data and data related solutions.
- Continually drive the product feature roadmap to harden, enhance, and improve overall resilience of new and existing solutions.
- Define and track metrics that demonstrate operational effectiveness and improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree & 10+ years of relevant business experience
- Proven leadership and influence skills - This individual will be driving a fundamental transformation in the creation of our foundational data management capabilities.
- Proven track record in developing, deploying and/or maintaining transactional systems, operational databases and data stores, data warehousing, reporting, analytics platforms, tools, and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large, complex, multi-disciplinary systems implementation projects.
- Strong foundational knowledge and experience with peta-scale data systems supporting large consumer-facing websites.
- Hands-on experience in data and business intelligence delivery including hands-on analysis skills - interest and ability to roll up sleeves and work along with key architects and engineers in building our leading-edge data systems.
- Familiarity with a range of data management, Business Intelligence approaches and the latest, tools, approaches, techniques, and methodologies in data and analytics development management.
- Deep understanding and appreciation for both business and technology components of information management in insurance and financial services industry.
- Proven track record in meeting aggressive deadlines.
Less than 10%