Client Services Specialist
Client Services Analyst - Financial services Department overview:
The Markit Transaction Cost Analysis team provides independent research, trade analysis, and consulting services for multiple asset classes to the financial services community comprised of institutional asset managers and sell side broker dealers. The group provides trading analysis including actionable insights to the most challenging trade implementation questions: algorithmic trading performance, venue toxicity, and the impact of high frequency trading front-running to the client base. Position summary
The Client Services Specialist will be responsible for acquiring an understanding of the Markit TCA products; providing analysis and consulting to our clients; clearly articulating product features and benefits; and serving as the primary client service point of contact. Daily activities include data processing monitoring, generating client reports, researching client inquiries and educating clients. Duties & accountabilities
Education and experience
- Analyse clients' trading activity, identify any possible patterns and trends and communicate with clients to help them improve their process.
- Serve as client point of contact, including answering questions regarding reports and analysis; client trade performance reviews and general technology inquiries.
- Work with product specialists in developing client analysis and presentations.
- Other projects as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Computer Science, Financial Engineering, Economics, or other analytically-oriented field
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical background
- Prior experience with SQL or other database knowledge is preferred
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to effectively interface with clients and promote the IHS Markit brand
- Understanding of the investment landscape
- Knowledge of institutional trading is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Takes initiative and ownership of job responsibilities
- Must be able to perform job duties accurately and timely
- Must adhere to deadlines and targets given
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.