Junior Transaction Management Group Analyst
The main objective of the IBCM On-boarding Team is to facilitate, risk manage and control the IBCM client onboarding process and provide support to IBCM Bankers generally located in the U.S. and Canada for:
- On-boarding new clients to the following booking entities: CSSU, NYB, CIB, CSSC and TB.
- Completing KYC Periodic Reviews of Clients.
- Coordinates the KYC on-boarding process from front to back.
- Works as a single point of contact for IBCM bankers, providing immediate advice on completing KYC requirements.
- Addresses any issues that may arise in the onboarding of clients.
- Helps ensure high standards of Ethics and Control are maintained during on-boarding processes through enforcement of requirements.
- Works with Financial Crime Compliance to understand the meaningful AML/KYC/CID rules and apply them to the IBCM Division.
- Communicates the rules to IBCM and provide training to Bankers.
- Assists with ad-hoc/ongoing regulatory projects and improves quality of client static data on CS internal databases.
- Prepares metrics on the CID process.
- Complete onboarding and KYC due diligence to meet regulatory and internal requirements.
- Take ownership to accurately identify and obtain appropriate documentation and information needed to verify clients.
- Complete screenings of clients and related parties to identify Adverse Media, PEPs, Financial Crimes, and OFAC Sanctions and other potential issues. Bring up potential issues to Deal Team Leads and the appropriate FCC specialists for further review as appropriate.
- Complete periodic and ad-hoc KYC reviews of clients to ensure client data and documentation is up to date and sufficient to meet current requirements.
- Liaise with deal teams to understand deal deadlines and handle the pipeline of approaching onboarding requests.
- Understand and communicate importance of Ethics and Control surrounding CS customer due diligence processes and procedures to ensure appropriate awareness from the front office.
- Assist with implementing projects related to regulatory changes, or associated remediation arising from regulatory changes.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- You are highly motivated, willing to work in both team and independent situations depending on current workload.
- You have deep knowledge of the operational and/or control environment at a financial services firm strongly preferred.
- You have the maturity to work with senior level professionals and external clients.
- You have excellent verbal/written interpersonal skills.
- You have the initiative to conduct complex analysis under tight timelines.
- Do you have advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills?
- Highly organized and efficient at multi-tasking is meaningful for this role.