Production & Performance L2 Support
Production Support is an essential function within the bank. The GOSD (Operations IT) production support team provides effective structured technical support for multiple back office applications. We are responsible for problem solving and root cause analysis for production issues. Support works closely with the application users, third party vendors, infrastructure teams, and other Credit Suisse groups to provide an optimal level of support.
This role provides second level (L2) technical production support in the back office (Operations IT) division that hosts multiple business processing applications that are both in-house and vendor developed software platforms. These business applications process trades, settlement, payment, and client confirmations for Derivatives (Futures/Options) products for the investment banking division.
This role & responsibilities include:
- Provide timely and efficient support of the various trade or settlement processing applications.
- Dedicatedly seek to minimize potential application support problems through root cause analysis and monitoring.
- Understand and debug the logs and where required source code to find bugs and issues to be fixed by development teams (L3).
- Opportunity to learn and troubleshoot functional domain queries in the Investment banking processes primarily in the Derivatives, Reconciliation, and Utility flows.
- Act as a liaison between CS business OPS (Operations) users and various IT teams (App Development, Infrastructure etc) on all support related queries.
- Provide onsite and remote users support for the various business functions supported.
- Provide off-hours support including weekend on rotation.
- Maintain effective communication to the internal/external clients to understand their application related issues/queries/problems
- Acquire knowledge on the various CS applications, document the same where does not exist and train the peers.
The role will provide a long term career path within the organization and increased future responsibilities
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.a You Offer
Required Academic/Domain Skills:
- You have Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- You have minimum three plus years of combined IT experience in both software development and application support. Financial industry or equivalent organizations domain experience will be added advantage.
- You have excellent debugging, problem solving and analytical skills. Proficient in writing SQL queries and debugging procedures/functions.
Required Technical Skills:
- Software Language (one or more): C++, Java, .Net, Perl or equivalent.
- Database (one or more): Sybase, DB2 or Oracle.
- Operating System experience: Unix or Linux. Shell or Perl scripting experience is a plus.
- Ability to learn new technologies, business domain (Investment Bank) and functions.
- Web/Tools related experience: WebLogic, WebSphere, XML, Control-M, Informatica or Splunk.
- Deep knowledge of Big Data Apache Hadoop, Kafka
- Deep knowledge of ITIL framework.
- Fast learner, Team player and positive work attitude. Take Ownership and Accountability.
- Client-focused & sensitive to client needs.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
For more information visit Technology Careers .