Senior Java Developer – Market Data
- Market Data Server (MDS) is a key repository of market data in use across the Global markets in Credit Suisse. It is part of Core IT infrastructure and used across CS as a reference data system by Front Office, Risk and Operations, we need this position to implement strategic projects that will improve stability and performance of the MDS infrastructure.
- You will work in an Agile development team, designing and implementing features on the Strategic architecture (Global Trade Store).
- Work on upgrade of FIRM Trade Persistence System and migration of trades and positions to Strategic Global Trade Store (GTS).
- Work with Product Owner (PO) to understand user stories and provide sound technical solutions. Understand dependencies and acceptance criteria.
- You will participate in Sprint Planning, Refinement, delivery of stories and demonstration.
- Build software in conformance with coding standards, test creation and build process.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Gain the meaningful domain expertise and act as point of contact in the region for functional and level 3 production support.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Do you have a minimum 7+ years of experience in the IT domain?
- You have deep knowledge and experience of Java development for enterprise systems.
- Proven design, modeling or architecture experience in delivering complex technical solutions with complex scalability and performance challenges.
- Solid knowledge of Core Java and features of Java 8.
- Ability to model tables and write stored procedures in Sybase and Oracle.
- Working knowledge of Spring framework and JMS messaging.
- You have deep understanding and experience of multi-threaded environments.
- Demonstrates experience of using Design Patterns and Java standard methodologies.
- Unit testing frameworks (Junit, JMock, Mockito, Unitils).
- Experience of continuous integration (TeamCity, Maven, Jenkins).
- Experience in leading and mentoring small to medium size teams.
- Experience batch job control (Contrl-M).
- Working knowledge of Finance and Capital markets
- Good communication skills both oral and written at team, client and management levels
- 7+ years of experience in software development and production support.
- Working knowledge of Fixed income, Equities and Listed instruments, Payments, trade booking and reconciliation process.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- A great teammate and solid contributor.
- Core Java 6 (or above).
- JMS with experience in MQ Series, Tibco EMS
- XML processing in Java - XMLBeans,SAX/DOM.
- JSON processing libraries.
- Oracle and/or Sybase SQL.
- Scrum Agile development.
- Object Oriented design & development.
- Automated Unit testing (JUnit).
- Acceptance testing (Cucumber).
For more information visit Technology Careers .