Senior .Net Developer
As a Senior .Net Developer and a member of a team of elite, highly-skilled forward-thinking software developers working on product development in an agile and collaborative environment, you will work with cutting edge technologies and learn how these technologies are applied in the global capital markets. In addition to the design and development work, you will also gain exposure to the financial services industry. You will have the opportunity to mentor team members and work in a fast-paced Agile environment. You will take initiatives and collaborate extensively with the stakeholders and within the development team to achieve ambitious goals. This is an exciting opportunity to become a critical part of a fast growing, global organization, at what is arguably the most exciting time in the rapid evolution of our company. What you'll work on:
What we look for:
- Design, develop, and implement heavily transactional and multi-tiered Web applications
- All aspects of database development: modeling, stored procedures, performance tuning, deploying, etc.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining Web Services for integrations with various internal and external applications
- Providing support for our application, working closely with product and account management teams
- Work with Product Owner to translate business requirements into technical designs and then help to plan Sprints that deliver quality components and products on time
- Assisting the Product Management group in specifying requirements into technical requirements
- Actively participate in research, discussions and decisions on software architecture, development processes, and other standards
- Actively participate in our Scrum process: Standups, Refinements, Planning, Retrospectives, Demos
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of application development experience one or many of:
- .Net Core
- ASP.Net Core
- SQL Server/PostgreSQL, SSIS
- MV* UI frameworks like Angular 2+
- Windows/Linux environment
The following experience would be advantageous:
- Ability to work in team oriented environment, and can work independently
- Experience with Caching and Search technologies
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Advanced Knowledge of OOP/OOD, Design patterns and SOLID
- Data access frameworks like Entity Framework, ADO.NET, etc
- Experience with Webpack, RxJS, ngrx/store, jasmine, karma etc.
- Experience with design patterns Redux and Flux
- Integration technologies, especially with Web Services and Microservices
- Knowledge of UML or similar design languages/methodologies
- A good grasp of HTML5, Lambda expressions (LINQ), CSS, LESS, Bootstrap, SPA
- Experience using tools such as GitHub, Jira, Confluence, TFS, TeamCity, Artifactory, Docker, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with cloud based technologies as provided by AWS or Azure
- Experience working with off-shore resources
- Knowledge of Financial domain
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.