Support Engineer - Credit
The Credit support team in Raleigh is part of the Credit IT Platinum support offering facing off directly to Trading Desk. Our team provides support for Trade capture, Trade processing and Trade Settlement systems. The role will be focused on supporting the risk systems, market data systems and the tools the trading desk used to generate and publish rate curves and bond prices. You will possess the ability to analyze risk and PnL queries raised by the trading desk and collaborate with the quantitative analysts, product control, risk management, mid office, back office and the global Credit Suisse teams to resolve/explain them.
We believe that the support role on offer provides you with an excellent opportunity to experience a Front Office support environment.
Coverage of the trading desks including interactions such as:
- Daily interactions with trading "walking the trade floor".
- Possess a dream to become an expert in the Derivatives business.
- On-site system troubleshooting.
- Take care of customer communication during incident or outages.
- Management of changes and releases to the Production Environment.
- Daily support and troubleshooting of the Credit trading platform.
- Participate actively and constructively in team design discussions.
- Deep understanding of the current applications and business processes, identify extensions and new functionality.
- There will also be additional responsibilities such as functional verification of delivered features, ad-hoc system bug analysis, and handling of "business as usual" requests.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- You have 5 years' experience in a hands-on application support role.
- You have practical experience with Unix/Linux and Shell Scripting.
- You have experience with SQL (ideally Oracle/Sybase).
- You have experience and the initiative in providing services to agreed SLA's and OLA's.
- Provide release management for UAT and Production environments.
- Monitoring of scheduled batch jobs, as well as the identification of process improvements (e.g. automation of the manual monitoring process).
- Minimizing the adverse impact of Incidents and Problems on the business and preventing reoccurrence of Incidents.
- You have deep knowledge of JIRA system to log problems, bug fixes for Development book of work.
- Batch/Control-M experience is a solid plus.
- Knowledge of multiple technologies is an advantage: Excel, VBA, C#/ASP.NET, Java, C++.
- ITIL V3 certificate is a solid plus.
For more information visit Technology Careers.