The Quantitative Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, optimization, and testing of our proprietary quantitative investment systems
Jacobs Levy Equity Management, an institutional asset manager located in Florham Park, NJ, is seeking Quantitative Software Engineers to play a key role in contributing to the quantitative investment processes.
Be part of the team that leads our future. Our engineers are responsible for the design, implementation, optimization, and testing of our proprietary quantitative investment systems. You will have a great opportunity to build a next generation system for global portfolio management, work with large data sets, and solve challenging business problems.
As part of a team, Primary Responsibilities include:
- Implement and enhance quantitative models, proprietary portfolio construction, and optimization techniques with Research and Portfolio Management teams
- Architect and manage global data repository incorporating millions of financial and market data points
- Create high performance simulation and optimization engines
- Develop and manage investment workflow management systems
- Build and extend analytics and reporting platforms
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related discipline
- Outstanding coding, debugging, and analytical skills
- Development experience in Python, experience with NumPy/Pandas or similar quantitative software a plus
- Experience in C++ or other programming languages a plus
- An aptitude for math and statistics
- Knowledge in .NET, C#, and SQL is also a plus
- An interest in manipulating large data sets
- Passionate about solving complex business, data, and technical challenges
- Contributions to open source software a big plus
Jacobs Levy Equity Management focuses exclusively on managing equity portfolios for institutional clients. We encourage intellectual curiosity and offer a good work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a collegial environment.