The Technology Project Manager/Business Analyst will help in the development and implementation of the software required to support the firm’s trading, quantitative research, and other operations.
Jacobs Levy Equity Management, an institutional asset manager located in Florham Park, NJ, is looking for a Technology Project Manager/Business Analyst to join our Investment Technology team.
Be part of a team that leads our future. The Investment Technology team develops and implements the software required to support the firm’s trading, quantitative research, and other operations. The Technology Project Manager/Business Analyst will work with technology and business stakeholders to design and implement scalable technology solutions to meet investment and reporting needs.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of financial equity data and will be responsible for project management, requirements analysis, infrastructure, development, quality assurance, and operations support within the Technology department.
- Responsible for the analysis, development, and ongoing support of technologies and analytics driven solutions, and serving as a liaison between technology and business stakeholders at all levels
- Manage projects, lead meetings, develop consensus, establish implementation plans, manage project schedules, and apply best practices of project management
- Analyze portfolio manager requirements and translate them into implementation plans to update optimization, trading, and analytical reporting systems
- Identify project issues and develop solutions collaboratively with business stakeholders; understand and mitigate technical and operational risks
- Provide oversight for the various phases of testing and user acceptance of technical implementations
- Evaluate and manage relationships with data vendors and technology providers
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics)
- Strong knowledge of equity data (Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, etc) and front/middle/back office operations
- Programming experience (SQL, Python, C/C++, Java)
- 5+ years of experience in project management or technical leadership role at a financial firm – analyzing, designing, developing and implementing business processes and supporting implementation of technology solutions
- An advanced level of mathematics and statistics
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical terms and issues for non-technical stakeholders
Jacobs Levy Equity Management focuses exclusively on managing equity portfolios for institutional clients. We encourage intellectual curiosity and offer a good work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a collegial environment.