BIG Data platform lead engineer
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
You will be part of the organically and rapidly growing big data platform that provides trading intelligence across CIB Macro, Credit and Equity businesses. Your focus will be on pushing the performance, resiliency and scalability aspects of the platform to the next level. Your technical expertise and forward thinking will drive every strategic design and architectural decision we make.
Drive the design and implementation of the next gen expansion of the BIG platform Job qualifications
This role requires a wide variety of strengths andcapabilities, including:
· BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
· Proficiency in multiple modern programminglanguages - Expert in core Java and Python
· Expert in building real-time and batch drivenworkflows using Cloudera/Hadoop
· Fundamental knowledge of and hands-onexperience in performance optimization of every component of Cloudera stack
· Experience in integrating Jupyter notebooklayer with big data pipelines
· Experience in deploying in AWS stack is aplus
· Passionate to understandand own each and every byte of the data ingested to and processed by theplatform
· Expertise in application, data andinfrastructure architecture disciplines
· Advanced knowledge of architecture, designacross all systems
· Knowledge of industry wide technology trendsand best practices
· Keen understanding of financial control andbudget management
· Ability to work in large, collaborative teamsto achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovativeculture
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.