CIB-Wholesale Payments-Open Banking & API Product Manager-Associate/VP
The banking ecosystem is undergoing constant change that requires a perpetual focus on innovation. Emerging technologies are rapidly changing the way we do business, leading to new business models with the potential to radically transform the financial services sector. Part of this journey involves a shift towards digital banking, where we leverage the power of APIs to move towards an open banking model. Our newly formed team will drive the API agenda within the company and you will be on the forefront of this journey. Most of all, you will have the opportunity to approach our work with an agile mindset and entrepreneurial spirit. This is a very exciting time to join a team that is shaping the company's open banking strategy.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
• The primary responsibility will be the delivery of strategic solution to client experience on implementation, servicing and support for Open Banking and API.
• Holistically understand core business problems and requirements for clients experience from implementation (onboarding) to the continuous servicing support in order to deliver efficient and useful solutions
• Work with teams to outline and execute the client experience roadmap on implementation and servicing
• Adopt an agile mindset to oversee the team's application development efforts to provide tools, ensuring the final product is functional, operational, and meets design and feature specifications
• Partner with TS Implementation, Servicing and Technology teams to create and execute plans to support client implementation and servicing for existing and future Open Banking products to support the business and emerging client needs
• Define and consistently measure quantifiable success metrics of product implementation and servicing progress
Skills we are seeking
• Substantial Project Management experience, or relevant business or team leadership.
• Very strong attention to details, accurate and strong organization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with different internal partners such as Operations, Technology and Products with a variety of group cultures.
• Ability to get things done in a dynamic and fast paced environment and effectively multi-task. "can do attitude" all times. Client focused mind-set.
• Excel and PowerPoint proficiency required
• Positive attitude towards compliance and controls
• Proactive attitude, commitment to continuous learning.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills across functions and teams, up and down the chain of command
• Listening and gathering customer/user inputs. Simplifying complex topics for non-technical audiences and preparing quick pointed summaries for executives and stakeholders.
• Ability to motivate Partner Project teams
• Strong problem solving skills, detail oriented with the ability to understand multiple perspectives
Professional experiences that will set you apart
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, MBA a plus
• 2 years of experience as a Project Manager, Analyst, or similar role
• Motivated individual with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and lead efforts associated with key deliverables while collaborating with several teams
• Good understanding of the end-to-end process from bringing clients on-board to servicing and support
• Experience with digital solutions, including web based and mobile platforms
• Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead meetings and steer discussions accordingly
• Understanding of API solutions, open banking, and technology trends that impact our business
• Superior project management skills with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to listen, analyze, influence, negotiate and use judgment to solve complex issues in order to accomplish project goals
• Experience in Agile and Iterative development methodologies is a plus
• Experience within the financial services industry is a plus
• Knowledge of Treasury Services products (Payments, Receivables, Liquidity, FX, Channels, Analytics), helpful but not required
More about the team
We are a nimble and completely new innovation team within the Treasury Services business at J.P. Morgan. We are entrepreneurs. We are product developers and strategists with a penchant for action and experimentation and a passion for solving client challenges and adopting new technologies.
What we build will matter and have huge impact; our products and solutions will reach thousands of our clients around the world, and affect how J.P. Morgan does business, moving trillions of dollars a day (25% of all U.S. Dollar movement globally). Moreover, our group works closely with other innovation groups across Treasury Services and other lines of business to accelerate the development of new products and capabilities.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.