Controllers - Scrum Master
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Associate-level Scrum Master will serve teams by facilitating the Agile software development life cycle. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Facilitating Scrum events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams.
- Assisting Product Owners and teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning.
- Servings as teams' information radiator, representing the team to senior management, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Effectively using metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making.
- Facilitating estimation and planning both at the team and organizational level
- Assisting in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases.
- Coaching developer, designer and product team members in Agile practices, values and principles.
- Helping teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them.
- Shielding the team from outside distractions, context switching and interferences.
- Tracking and removing impediments.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching to higher levels of maturity
- Building a safe environment with an emphasis on collaboration and problem solving
- Participating in Agile Communities of Practice across Goldman Sachs
PREFERRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 - 5 years experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Prior experience building and testing software or implementing DevOps
- Knowledge of other approaches in the Agile space: Kanban, Lean, SAFe, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, etc.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communication anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum and Agile, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Active participant in the Agile community.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity