Corporate - Technology Operational Risk Management – Technology Engineer - Security Services - VP
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financialservices firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercialbanking, financial services for small business and consumers, financialtransaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Technology& Cyber Security Operational Risk Management (Tech & Cyber ORM) isa firm-wide group within Risk with oversight responsibility for theimplementation of the JPMC Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) forGlobal Technology. The Tech &Cyber ORM provides an independent view of Technology & Cyber risk tothe firm's management and Board of Directors.
TechnologyOperational Risk Management - Technology Engineer - CIB Securities Services
The Technology Engineer in this position willhave subject matter expertise in the technology processes or domains thatsupport the Securities Services business and perform independent riskassessments on specific technologies either used or proposed to support thisline of business. The candidate will proactivelyidentify areas of emerging technologies that introduce operational risk andhave a good understanding of third partyrisks as applied to the technology used.
Key responsibilitiesinclude :
- Perform deep inspection of specifictechnologies to support the Securities Services business in targeted processes orfirm-wide evaluation.
- Keep abreast of current technology trends,vulnerabilities, and emerging technologies.
- Engage with technology teams to gain fullunderstanding of technology and control environment.
- Perform significant event reviews.
- Independently assess technology riskmanagement and controls across the bank
- Understand third party risks as related tospecific technology area of expertise.
- Risk assessment of the impact of changing softwareon the JPMC technology portfolio. As newtechnology is introduced and old technology is phased out, the risk position ofthe firm will have a changing residual risk position.
- Coordination and key participation in thedevelopment of the evolving risk position of new technology. For each of the technology areas in focus,this person will be charged with escalating and tracking the individual riskitems.
- Work with appropriate technology areas to identifypotentially elevated risk concentrations globally and perform assessments ofthe corresponding inherent risks and mitigating controls. Recommend anyadjustments required to meet JPMC policy, regulatory requirements, and industrybest practices.
- Develop and perform ongoing analysis of OperationalRisk loss, near miss and external events to inform RCSA results, technologyassessments and scenario analysis. Investigate Operational Risk events meeting selection criteria; assistLOB OROs in determining the appropriate consideration of technology riskmanagement and risk events.
- Participate in key portfolio governance forums.
- Provide feedback and coordination with theapplication risk assessment process.
- BS/BA degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5 years or more proven experience in technology development, engineering or technical architecture supporting the Securities Services business in the financial services market
- Working knowledge and interest of current and emerging technologies
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and the business processes they support and synthesize the corresponding risks and controls and recommend adjustments if required.
- Track record of collaboration and relationship building
- Proven ability to anticipate and identify risks and effective mitigants
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, inquisitive nature and comfort challenging current practices
- Proven track record of taking ideas forward without supervision and challenging others, where appropriate
- Adept at developing relationships with senior business executives with a reputation for partnering across organization lines to mitigate risks
- Highly disciplined, able to work with limited supervision and make independent decisions
- Strong organizational, project management, and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver results
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation, and sense of urgency