Hadoop Big Data Software Engineer
Senior, hands-on development who is passionate about technology and has experience developing systems built using Big Data tools; is a team player and knows how to contribute as part of a distributed and diversified global team.
The candidate will be responsible for application development supporting the CFS Data Platform, which is an Investment Bank-wide strategic initiative to improve the operational and customer service capabilities of the firm.
She/he will have responsibility for design, implementation and testing of a highly scalable data layer using HDFS, Hadoop, HBase, Phoenix, HortonWorks, Spark, and related tools. Must have a thorough understanding of both the tools and concepts that underlie Big Data, such as MapReduce, Massively Parallel Processing (MPP), and HDFS job scheduling. The candidate must have a sound grasp of development best practice and system architecture. She/he will be expected to produce high-quality deliverables that can pass critical peer review, and to work under a high-pressure and timeline-driven environment.
In addition, the candidate must be highly proficient in Java and must be able to demonstrate deep expertise in core Java technologies. The role requires hands-on Java coding as part of the Hadoop/HBase/Phoenix build-out.
Deep technical knowledge and the ability to communicate ideas is an integral part of the role, and as such the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the technical areas required for the project, and should possess good verbal and written communication skills.
Hands on Hadoop Administration (preferably HDP/Hortonworks)
• Experience in HBase administration
• Experience in Yarn, Yarn queue setup and Node leveling administration
• Experience with Kafka and Spark2
• Demonstrated experience implementing big data use-cases, understanding of standard design patterns commonly used in Hadoop-based deployments.
• At least 4 years of HDP installation and administration experience in multi-tenant production environments, with experience on HDP 2.6.x/HDF 3.x versions.
• Experience designing and deploying production large-scale Hadoop architectures
• Experience implementing software and/or solutions in enterprise Linux or UNIX environments, including shell/Python scripting.
• Experience with various enterprise security solutions such as LDAP and Active Directory
• Experience with Ambari, Ranger, Kerberos, Knox and Atlas
• Experience with Hive
• Experience with other RDBMS, such as Oracle, MS SQL server.
• Good troubleshooting skills, understanding of HDP capacity, bottlenecks, memory utilization, CPU usage, OS, storage, and networks
Our Corporate& Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain thetechnology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations,governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrustedwith holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIBprovides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidityin markets spanning over 100 countries around the world
When youwork at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financialinstitution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies.In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design,build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big dataand mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments,cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annualinvestment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovativesolutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, butalso change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, andwe're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. Weencourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitivebenefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as partof a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives ofpeople and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.