Lead Software Engineer (T-SQL/MSSQL)
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls (CTC) at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient. Production Management and Resiliency (PM&R) exists to strengthen our IT resiliency and recovery capabilities to ensure the firm's compliance with global laws and regulations as they relate to resiliency risk and to improve the availability and resiliency capabilities of our critical applications and infrastructure.
As a Lead Software Engineer and application architect, of our Application Development team, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Accountable for overall architecture and design of solutions implemented within the group - database, application and reporting.
• Closely work with stakeholders, product owners, application development manager, solution leads, software engineers and business analysts to understand the business requirements.
• Review and analyze business requirements, and provide strategic technical architecture and design for solutions that meet firm standards and guidelines. Ensure that they fill the business needs while accounting for cross impacts and dependencies.
• Accountable for documenting and maintaining team guidelines for development standards based on industry best practices and firm wide standards and guidelines.
• Responsible to coach and mentor Software Engineers in the team
• Conduct code review as needed for solutions you lead.
• Provide consultation on components/modules of the overall solution as needed.
• Oversee development project deliverables for solutions that you lead as part of agile team.
• Drive efficiencies by supporting Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
• Where needed, hands-on develop and tune component of solutions.
BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
8 years of overall IT experience with both technical leadership
Experience working closely with Application Development Manager and functioning as a Technical Lead Strong Solutions Architecture, Data Modelling and Solutions Design experience
Hands on development experience with: T-SQL, SSIS, Data Modeling, MS SQL Server
Hands on experience in the following is a plus: VBA, VBScript, VB .NET
Experience working in Agile methodology and Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
Highly motivated team player with strong analytical skills, strong coaching/mentoring skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills