UI/UX Product Designer
Our client, one of the largest life insurers in the world, is seeking a UI/UX Product Designer for its Jersey City NJ location. Description:
- You will need to have experience working with CRMs, application design, and enterprise software.
- Be comfortable taking the lead in all parts the UX design process from problem definition, through research, user and landscape analysis, logical and thorough information architecture, creating user centered solutions in various levels of fidelity, such as wireframes, clickable prototypes for testing, and polished designs and interactions.
- The role requires you to be experienced and comfortable designing for web and mobile, CRM and platform based enterprise software.
- You should also have experience working in a scrum, agile environment.
- You will be working closely with Product, BAs, and Development.
- 8+ years of experience in Product design.
- Formal training in designing for the web and mobile applications, interaction Design, Usability or relevant experience.
- Experience leading the Product design of at least one major application in a complex enterprise platform that was used by a large userbase.
- Digital portfolio demonstrating your ability to think strategically and effectively through solutions, and bringing that vision to life through easy to follow, flows and interfaces. Showing projects from inception to publication and pointing to your specific contributions that demonstrating critical thinking, user research, market research, IA skills, user flows, prototypes, user testing, experience and communicating functional specifications.
- Relevant degree, diploma, or certificate (Graphic Design, Visual Arts and Design, Interactive/Multimedia design, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or Visual Communication, or equivalent experience).
- Nice to have: Key or lead role in crafting a design system.
- Nice to have: Management experience.
Why Consider a Contract/Temp Role?
- Team player able to co-exist and work effectively with others.
- Experience working with CRMs / SaaS / Enterprise software.
- Self-starting initiative taker able to chart a project roadmap and effectively navigate through it.
- Ability to think through complex problems and solve them methodically
- Ability to switch hats from Product/UX Designer to Product/UX Analyst depending on what the project calls for
- Translate high level objectives and design principles into easy to communicate logic and user flows, journey maps, sitemaps
- Ability to demonstrate your solution through wireframes, interaction designs, and UI elements
- Think strategically not only of your project, but its implications on the entire ecosystem.
- An excellent communicator able to pitch your work and convey your solution to any audience
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to disassociate yourself from your work, and objectively measure your project's effectiveness in meeting user's needs
- Knowledge of design systems, color palettes, typography, and print design principles.
- Comfort working with the parameters and landscape that come with enterprise software.
- Experience with the various stages of user research, both small scale and larger.
- Understanding of technical limitations, and ability to work with developers to navigate through them.
- Expert in the Adobe Creative, Sketch, InvisionApp, or other design / prototyping tools.
Visit us at www.phytontalent.com for more information. Phyton Talent Advisors is a proud winner of the Inavero's 2017 Best of Staffing® Client Award & Named by Forbes as One of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms
- Get a foot in the door while evaluating your fit with an employer
- Fill in the "gap" while you continue to look for a permanent role
- Build your resume by developing new skills, experiences & references
- Some companies only use professional recruiting firms to fill jobs
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, by choice, Phyton Talent Advisors will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.