Network Engineering Specialist
Global Technology Services is hiringfor a Senior Network Operations Engineer to join our growing team. Are you brimming with exceptional strategicplanning and critical thinking skills? Areyou an innovative and insightful thinker who likes solving complex businessissues for diverse clients around the world? We're looking for a sharpanalytical thinker who's adept at network operations to join our technologyservices practice. Work you'll do: Work you'll do:
The primary objective ofthe position is to provide operational and project support within the CTO groupensuring that the GTS hosted and managed services/applications and data centerfacilities are highly available.
The CTO Senior NetworkOperations Engineer role requires advanced skills that enable the individual todeliver a high level of service and to meet the expectation from the businessof a highly available agile infrastructure. Advanced knowledge of core, specializedand technical competencies is required, along with a very solid understandingof an enterprise IT infrastructure operational environment, adhering toindustry best practice. Primary responsibilities include
: Network Operations
• 24x365 network operation and management
Additionalresponsibilities regardless of team include
- Global Hosting Services Local Area Network control
- Application traffic management and control
- Provide application delivery support for load balancing (LTM, GTM), VPN (APM), and web acceleration.
- Third level support to the Operations Groups
• Accountable for execution according to established standards,procedures, and processes
- Cross-Functional support for development and implementation of systems
- Ensure data center systems are always available and reliable
- Ensure optimization and performance of the hardware and virtual infrastructure
- Monitor the Service Desk system
- Participate in planned "Systems Day" and other maintenance activities
- Participate in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation (GHS, network teams)
- Respond to and manage service issues and problems
- Responsible for awareness and compliance to policy and guidelines of the ISMS
- Report any breaches in information security or policies
• Participation in global working groups responsible for thedeployment and development of global technology systems and infrastructure
Knowledge Sharing /Documentation
- Ability to participate in the business impact assessment and risk assessment processes and help identify appropriate controls to mitigate identified risks. Understands and can communicate requirements of member firms and external regulatory bodies for data privacy.
- Has a basic knowledge and background of all Solutions Architecture technologies, processes and issues, sufficiently enough to be able to understand how to proceed further and advise stakeholders with peer guidance.
- Demonstrates expertise of IT governance concepts. Understands and able to manage the relationships of all GTS relevant stakeholders. Understand the portfolio and the business drivers of the various components. Supports the execution of the primary goals of IT Governance.
• Contribute to, produce and maintain processes, procedures,operational and architectural documentation, that meet CTO Standards.
- Change Control - Ensure compliance with processes and adherence to standards and documentation.
- Assist in training new staff in technical processes and procedures.
- Work with CTO leadership and application teams in reviewing new documentation.
The responsibilitieslisted here represent a core set of duties for this position. Responsibilitiesmay be added or modified based upon business needs. Other duties may be assignedby managers of this role at their discretion. What you'llbe part of-our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. AndDeloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. Wereach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We arethe engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provideprograms and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importanceof your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fitin-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and asupportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-withopportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risksnecessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering thequestion: What impact will you make? What you'll be part of - our Deloitte Global Culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make? Who you'll work with: Who you'll work with:
In Global Technology Services, we make an impact by providing leading edge technology products and support to the entire Deloitte organization. We offer innovative technology solutions that cross borders and help Deloitte deliver and connect with their clients, their communities, and one another in ways they never thought possible. How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do - that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
To beconsidered for this role, there are certain qualifications you'll have to have.And others that would be really, really nice. Education/Other:
• Bachelor'sDegree/College Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience Years ofExperience:
Minimum 7 years of experience
Other Qualifications: Preferred Experience:
In-Depth knowledge ofF5 Networks devices including LTM, GTM, APM, and ASM. Demonstratedunderstanding of virtual servers and irules.
In-Depth knowledge ofCisco routers and switches (configuration and troubleshooting) includingApplication Centric Infrastructure (ACI).
In-Depth knowledge ofLAN/WAN and network protocols.
Knowledge of networkmonitoring tools and commands to ensure quick resolution to issues.
Ability to managesupport cases with external technology vendors.
Knowledge of servertechnologies is a plus.
Knowledge of virtualtechnologies is a plus
Proven ability in communicating isessential, along with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Sensitivity and cultural awarenessis essential as the role will involve contact with a variety of people aroundthe globe.
Discipline and experience inrecognizing and handling confidential and sensitive information.
Excellent time management andattention to detail is essential.
How you'll grow:
- Professional Qualifications are preferred, including:
- Cisco Qualifications
- Microsoft Qualifications
- Linux Qualifications
- F5 Qualifications
- ITIL Foundation Qualification
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believein investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every stepof your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. Weencourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs,coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to askquestions, take chances, and explore the possible. Benefits you'llreceive:
Deloitte's TotalRewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front ineverything we do - that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive varietyof programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. Weprovide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustainyour efforts in making an impact that matters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Disclaimer:
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: D45963