Junior Supervisor, Production Mechanics (JR1002449)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is growing. We are actively seeking a Management Trainee for our Production Mechanics department to work at our Deer Park office at the following shift: Monday - Friday from 6:30 AM to 3 PM
This role is in our Customer Communications Division, which offers a full range of multi-channel communications solutions, such as integrated print, mail and digital solutions for transactional, marketing and compliance communications. In this role, you will oversee the Production Technical Support Department while providing direction and mechanical support to all production mechanics as required.
- College graduate with BA/BS in Business Management, Engineering, Technology or other related fields.
- GPA: 3.0+.
- Demonstrated prior work/leadership experiences.
- Proficiency in machine repair
- Prior experience in Engineering or the Trades
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Thrives in a rapidly changing and diverse environment.
- Able to meet and exceed the demands of strict deadlines.
- Strong focus on productivity, quality and efficiency.
- Ability to stand and work while standing, and lift, carry and move 25+ lbs, through-out duration of assigned shift.
- Flexibility for scheduling and overtime required and the ability to consistently work Monday - Friday from 6:30 AM to 3 PM
- Monitors all work in progress ensuring that a constant production workflow is maintained and equipment repairs are completed in a timely fashion.
- Maintains our parts inventory for all equipment by providing a complete list of parts to be ordered, including the vendor to be used and the associated cost for each part.
- Monitor records of preventive maintenance performed on equipment and ensures that the maintenance occurs according to scheduled deadlines.
- Keeps informed of all new technology and equipment used by the technical support and production operations departments.
- Fills in and assumes all Management responsibilities in the Department Manager's absence.
- Accountable to meet or exceed Cost Per Unit targets on your shift (i.e. labor costs, overtime, inventory control etc.)
- Monitors and maximizes machine throughput.
- Coaches, counsels, motivates, develops, supports, encourages and instructs all Technicians under direct report.
Key skill sets:
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems, establish priorities, and work under deadline pressures.
- Strong time management skills, and can take direction and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while maintaining composure.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with staff and management at multiple levels.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse group environment with various personality types to get the work done.