Lead Software Engineer (JR1005860)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge Advisor Solutions is the fast-growing Marketing Technology business unit of Broadridge, one of the world's largest and most successful Fin-Tech companies. We're looking for a lead software engineer to join our product development team, building one of our most ground- breaking products yet. A position on this team offers a dynamic, team-oriented startup culture with the resources and stability of an established player along with the ability to work on new and emerging technologies.
You'll will be joining a core team who has one purpose: the development and launch of this new suite of software products and tools that enable our enterprise clients to turn data into insights and client engagement. The lead software engineer position will ensure the successful execution of our Business mission through development and deployment of this new SaaS product. The development of this new suite of solutions is a critical initiative for the firm, backed by significant investment and is highly visible across the organization. We are guided by the belief that people are our greatest asset and are committed to attracting the best talent.
In this position, you will be responsible for leading the software development team, writing clean, secure code and providing architectural recommendations on the design of the software. You will provide overall application design, solutioning, and oversee integrations with external applications and systems. You will lead a team of hardworking developers and collaborate with other experts across IT, Data, and Product Management, as well as external leaders in a variety of technology areas including data science and deep learning. Responsibilities include:
- Lead the software development initiative by example, writing well-formed code, utilizing sound development practices, and participating in frequent code reviews
- You'll participate in enhancement and of the code framework and standards to improve efficiency, performance and reliability of products/features.
- Design and deliver robust, scalable and secure products that reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability of a cloud infrastructure
- Implement engineering methodology, review engineering design packages and code, working towards minimizing technical exposure and risks on projects.
- Evangelize excellence in application engineering, component re-use, architecture design and technical standards
- You will maintain a keen awareness and curiosity of new / emerging technologies and their potential application to service offerings.
- Promote modern principles for product/feature development (DevOps, CD/CI, Agile/Scrum, test driven development, object-oriented design, coding standards, etc.)
- You will assess and implement new software development tools and processes to enhance product/feature development efficiency including continuous integration principles
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent discipline
- 8-10+ years of application programming and/or hands-on technical application architecture experience
- Java or a modern JVM language (Scala strongly preferred)
- Significant experience using cloud architecture(s) for the enablement of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability.
- Database design including tuning query performance
- PostgreSQL Experience a plus
- Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Git and branching strategies such as GitFlow
- Experience with configuration management platforms a plus (e.g. Chef, Terraform, Salt, or Ansible)
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
- Experience in SDLC best-practices
- Exposure to Container-based technologies is a big plus
- Passion for writing phenomenal, simple, clean, efficient code
- Experience as a lead-level technologist and mentor
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis of where gaps in governance and integration capabilities may lie
- Excellent social and communication (oral and written) skills at all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding attitude and energy #LI-ME1