As the Director of Market Risk Stress Testing, you will be involved with delivery of stress testing covering both regulatory submissions to Federal Reserve Board and internal requirements to support capital planning and risk appetite. You will be accountable for the successful completion of all stress testing activities, meeting the constantly increasing expectations of both regulators and the business users of outputs.
Job Title: Market Stress Testing Director
Job ID: 3195179
Location: New York, United States of America
The Risk division has a fundamental responsibility to protect the Bank. With group-wide responsibility for the management and control of credit, market, operational and reputational risks, we have a unique vantage point which allows us a holistic view of our businesses and our clients. Nearly 4,000 employees work together to achieve our ambition to be an industry-leading risk management organization.
In an increasingly complex environment, risk management is fast-becoming the most sought after place to build a career within the banking world. Risk at Deutsche Bank is relied upon to help shape the strategy of the organization and the wider industry agenda.
As the Director of Market Risk Stress Testing, you will be involved with delivery of stress testing covering both regulatory submissions to Federal Reserve Board and internal requirements to support capital planning and risk appetite. You will be accountable for the successful completion of all stress testing activities, meeting the constantly increasing expectations of both regulators and the business users of outputs. You will help lead Market Risk Management CCAR functions with responsibility for the day-to-day execution, program management and co-ordination with senior stakeholders across various areas. The key focus will be on influencing and leveraging the broader organization across the Risk, Finance and Technology functions to deliver against tight timelines.
What We Offer You
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
What You'll Do
- Oversee the implementation, calculation and validation of MRM quarterly 14Q submissions
- Oversee the implementation, calculation and validation of MRM CCAR GMS components for MTM and IDL, including scenario design encompassing MTM, CVA, and CDL risk
- Co-ordinate the roll out of weekly full revaluation stress testing for Americas and US entities
- Manage design and delivery of effective solutions to the strategic MRM CCAR process and actively drive the strategic implementation forward
- Ownership of delivery of the Market Risk sections of the Deutsche Bank USA Capital Plan
- Drive improvements in risk capture and reporting, working cross-functionally across Market Risk, Finance and IT to obtain/derive results
How You'll Lead
- Enhance regulatory production process and consistently improve effectiveness of controls and RDARR data quality reporting
- Provide accurate and timely analysis in support of management decision making
Skills You'll Need
- Experience with Market Risk Management modeling, statistical analyses, or stress testing and scenario analysis
- Project / program management experience obtained in either a Risk function or Finance
- Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or the Hard Sciences is preferable
- CFA/FRM/PRM certified is preferable
Skills That Will Help You Excel
- A strong ability to define stress testing best practices across multiple assets classes, products, and businesses
- Strong background in CCAR stress testing and Validation, Economic Capital, and VaR analysis and ability to translate complex CCAR regulatory, technical and business needs in order to effectively scope and direct priorities for successful Regulatory Approval
- Solid understanding of basic risk concepts (the Greeks, Value-at-Risk, stress loss, PD, LGD, EAD)
- Experience with statistical tools and risk management tools
- Ability to operate effectively at executive level, influence and mobilize the broad support
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.